Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2020, 07:24 AM   #16
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer1803 View Post
I have installed the new patch, and I have activated the same ones that I had installed with the previous version, among them those that affect the margins in kpub, but I do not know why, in kepub there is much more space in both the lower margin and in the superior, leaving practically a blank line in both, in the previous firmware it did not happen to me, why can it be?
I reapplied my patches and everything is working as it did before for me. Have you double-checked? You might have forgotten to activate the Spacer patch.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:46 AM   #17
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
I reapplied my patches and everything is working as it did before for me. Have you double-checked? You might have forgotten to activate the Spacer patch.
Thanks, but which one is the "spacer patch"?
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2020, 08:11 AM   #18
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer1803 View Post
which one is the "spacer patch"?
'Reduce top/bottom page spacer'

Check if you enabled this patch.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:47 AM   #19
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Somewhere along the way the cygwin part of kobopatch.sh seems to moved into the Linux case statement, so when you run kobopatch.sh on cygwin nothing happens. Most annoying .

The following patch moves it back to where it should be.

Code:
--- kobopatch.sh.ORIG   2020-03-05 20:44:04.775936600 +1100
+++ kobopatch.sh        2020-03-04 22:43:57.836440400 +1100
@@ -19,11 +19,11 @@
             aarch64)
                 ./bin/kobopatch-linux-arm
                 ;;
-            CYGWIN_NT*)
-                ./bin/koboptch-windows.exe
-                ;;
             *)
                 echo "Unsupported architecture"
        esac
        ;;
+    CYGWIN_NT*)
+       ./bin/koboptch-windows.exe
+       ;;
 esac
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:23 AM   #20
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast
Patrick Faret began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Elipsa 2e
gestions des séries avec le nouveau firmware

Bonjour,
j'ai installé le nouveau firmware sur ma kobo aura H2o. Visiblement l'affichage des séries ne fonctionne pas totalement.
J'aurai deux questions:
1 - quel utilitaire choisir pour explorer la base de données de la Kobo
2 - j'essaye de télécharger "seriesmeta" sur mon PC, mais Windows la rejette car elle contiendrait un virus.
Merci de vos réponses
Patrick Faret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2020, 05:27 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Somewhere along the way the cygwin part of kobopatch.sh seems to moved into the Linux case statement, so when you run kobopatch.sh on cygwin nothing happens. Most annoying .

The following patch moves it back to where it should be.

Code:
--- kobopatch.sh.ORIG   2020-03-05 20:44:04.775936600 +1100
+++ kobopatch.sh        2020-03-04 22:43:57.836440400 +1100
@@ -19,11 +19,11 @@
             aarch64)
                 ./bin/kobopatch-linux-arm
                 ;;
-            CYGWIN_NT*)
-                ./bin/koboptch-windows.exe
-                ;;
             *)
                 echo "Unsupported architecture"
        esac
        ;;
+    CYGWIN_NT*)
+       ./bin/koboptch-windows.exe
+       ;;
 esac
Why not just use the .bat file under Windows proper?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:28 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Faret View Post
Bonjour,
j'ai installé le nouveau firmware sur ma kobo aura H2o. Visiblement l'affichage des séries ne fonctionne pas totalement.
J'aurai deux questions:
1 - quel utilitaire choisir pour explorer la base de données de la Kobo
2 - j'essaye de télécharger "seriesmeta" sur mon PC, mais Windows la rejette car elle contiendrait un virus.
Merci de vos réponses
English please.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:36 AM   #23
Patrick Faret
Enthusiast
Patrick Faret began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Elipsa 2e
Ok, sorry
Hello
I installed the new firmware on my kobo Aura H2O. Obviously the series display doesn't work totally.
I'll have two questions:
1 - which utility to choose to explore the Kobo database
2 - I try to download "seriesmeta" on my PC, but Windows rejects it because it would contain a virus.
Thank you for your answers
Patrick Faret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:27 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Faret View Post
Ok, sorry
Hello
I installed the new firmware on my kobo Aura H2O. Obviously the series display doesn't work totally.
I'll have two questions:
1 - which utility to choose to explore the Kobo database
2 - I try to download "seriesmeta" on my PC, but Windows rejects it because it would contain a virus.
Thank you for your answers
Yes, the series display does work totally. You do not need to explore the Kobo database. seriesmeta is no a virus. WHat AV are you using?

What to do is use Calibre with the current version of the Kobo Utilities plugin. Select all the eBooks on your H2O from the library. Then update the series metadata and that will get the series tab working with the book on your H2O.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:33 AM   #25
Rogerh
Rogerh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Progress Bar

Fairly new to Kobo, got a Clara HD at Xmas. Have updated and patched and all works well. A quick question, is there anywhere in the patches to increase the size of the progress bar at the bottom, or maybe to add a percentage read figure at the end of it?

Not a biggy or desperately needed, just curious.

Cheers
Rogerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:34 AM   #26
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why not just use the .bat file under Windows proper?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=108
Old 03-05-2020, 08:15 AM   #27
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
I think I remember saying something previously about planning to include that. I'll fix that now.

Edit: done: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...0e0fb5bd67fac8

Last edited by geek1011; 03-05-2020 at 08:20 AM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:26 AM   #28
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I think I remember saying something previously about planning to include that.
That vaguely rings a bell?

Quote:
I'll fix that now.

Edit: done: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...0e0fb5bd67fac8
Old 03-05-2020, 10:32 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
You've got it all wrong. You do not need to fire up a command prompt. You just double click the .bat file and it runs the command prompt and the command prompt closes when done. I know for sure that the .bat works under Windows proper. I don't have to play around with the .bat to get it working. Yes you may prefer Cygwin, but native Windows just works better in this case.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #30
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Kobo Touch A.
I steadily apply the Kobo Patches, which really is a great thing, many thanks for it!
One of my favourite patches is the "Make full justification the default" in "KEPUB stylesheet additions" of libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml. My setting is this:
Code:
    # Example 1: Make full justification the default:
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 467, Find: "/******************************************/", Replace: "body{text-align:justify                    }", MustMatchLength: yes}
    #
and I receive this message:
Code:
 kobopatch.ReplaceString index=9 line=993
          |         ReplaceString(467, "/******************************************/", "body{text-align:justify                    }")
          |         could not apply patch "KePub stylesheet additions": line 993: inst 9: ReplaceString: could not find specified bytes
        --> could not apply patch "KePub stylesheet additions": line 993: inst 9: ReplaceString: could not find specified bytes
I checked what I could but could not find the error. Can someone, please, help?
All other patches work fine!

Edit: In earlier patches the offset was 0x023B. Does this matter?
Edit': Thje same error happens when I try to activate #Example 2

Last edited by Leonatus; 03-05-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching