Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #91
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Thanks

Any ideas why the second part of this template isn't removing the URIs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-05-01 17_27_30-Template tester.png
Views:	235
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	186872

Code:
program:
	publisher = $publisher;
	ids = $identifiers;
	u = select(ids, 'uri');
	g = select(ids, 'gutenberg');

if publisher == 'Project Gutenberg' && u != g then
		n = re(u, '^http://www.gutenberg.org/(\d+)', '\1');
		ids = list_union(ids, strcat('gutenberg:', n), ',')
	fi;

if publisher == 'Project Gutenberg' && u && g then
		ids = list_difference(ids, strcat('uri:', u), ',')
	fi;
	ids
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #92
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Thanks

Any ideas why the second part of this template isn't removing the URIs?

Attachment 186872

Code:
program:
	publisher = $publisher;
	ids = $identifiers;
	u = select(ids, 'uri');
	g = select(ids, 'gutenberg');

if publisher == 'Project Gutenberg' && u != g then
		n = re(u, '^http://www.gutenberg.org/(\d+)', '\1');
		ids = list_union(ids, strcat('gutenberg:', n), ',')
	fi;

if publisher == 'Project Gutenberg' && u && g then
		ids = list_difference(ids, strcat('uri:', u), ',')
	fi;
	ids
Are you certain that the conditions in the second 'if' are all True, that both 'ids' are set when the template starts? Run it using breakpoints to check (and record) the values.

Also, both conditions check for "publisher == 'Project Gutenberg'". You could test that once and put the other tests as nested ifs.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #93
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I think it's a mistake of what I thought template tester was doing; I was testing with books that only had uri. If I add gutenberg: and test again it removes the uri: identifier.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:33 PM   #94
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Also, preferably I would just skip the Publisher and check for a uri: contains http://www.gutenberg.org/ but I'm not sure how to do that.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:18 AM   #95
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Also, preferably I would just skip the Publisher and check for a uri: contains http://www.gutenberg.org/ but I'm not sure how to do that.
Something like this should work:
Code:
if '^http://www.gutenberg.org/' in u then 'foo' fi
Old 05-08-2021, 06:02 PM   #96
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
@chaley: Running the following template returns true i.e "1"

Code:
program:
	'' inlist 'first,second'
Is this intentional?

Last edited by capink; 05-08-2021 at 06:07 PM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:24 PM   #97
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
@chaley: Running the following template returns true i.e "1"

Code:
program:
	'' inlist 'first,second'
Is this the intentional?
Yes. It uses python regex where a zero-length pattern matches any string.

It isn't clear to me what the expression is looking for. If you looking for an empty list then there are several ways to do that, such as a == '' or list_count() == 0. If you are looking for an item in a list then you must explicitly decide what happens if the item is empty. Does it match, or does it fail? If you know you want the left-hand expression to match *something* then you can use
Code:
substr('^', value, '$') inlist whatever
or perhaps clearer, str_in_list()
Old 05-08-2021, 07:03 PM   #98
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think str_in_list() is a good answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It isn't clear to me what the expression is looking for.
I was using it in action chains conditions where some variables can return empty values, so I had to nest the value in if statment to make sure it is not an empty string:

Code:
program:
	clicked_column = list_item(globals(_event_args), 1, ',');
	if clicked_column then
		if clicked_column inlist field_names('is_multiple:true,is_names:false') then
			'true'
		fi
	fi
Turns out there are other problems with the above code that I did not take into consideration: if variable is not anchored, #my_custom_col passes for #my_custom_col_1

Edit: The below code is working well

Code:
program:
	clicked_column = list_item(globals(_event_args), 1, ',');
	tag_like = field_names('is_multiple:true,is_names:false');
	str_in_list(tag_like, ',', clicked_column, 'true', '')

Last edited by capink; 05-08-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:05 PM   #99
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

To work around another FanFicFare issue, I want to make a template that removes either 'In-Progress' or 'Complete' from tags if #fanficstatus is 'Anthology.'

Code:
program:
	status = $#fanficstatus;
	tags = $tags;

if 
		status == 'Anthology'
	then
		tags = list_difference(tags, strcat('In-Progress', 'Complete'), ',')		
	else
		tags
	fi
This just returned the original list. Should I have used something other than list_difference?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-10-2021 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:18 PM   #100
capink
Wizard

Try this:

Code:
program:
	status = $#fanficstatus;
	tags = $tags;

if 
		status == 'Anthology'
	then
		tags = list_difference(tags, 'In-Progress,Complete', ',')		
	else
		tags
	fi
The problem in your code was this line:

Code:
strcat('In-Progress', 'Complete')
which returns a new string that is not present in your tags

Code:
In-ProgressComplete
Edit: strcat() is only needed if you are concatenating variables. If all you are using is plain text you can still use strcat(), but you do not need to.

Last edited by capink; 05-10-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:36 PM   #101
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Thank you
Old 05-13-2021, 08:32 PM   #102
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

This resets the time to 12:00:00. Did I make a mistake?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-05-13 21_30_02-Editing metadata for one book.png
Views:	145
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	187111  
Old 05-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #103
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This resets the time to 12:00:00. Did I make a mistake?
That S&R doesn't do anything. Templates are not evaluated as search expressions; they are interpreted as plain text. A template is evaluated only if you use "Template" as the source field, and then only if you put it in the "Template" box.

The replacement of /1 is also plain text. I suspect you wanted \1.

What are you trying to do?
Old 05-14-2021, 03:08 AM   #104
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I accidentally wiped out my Audit Log while troubleshooting plugins so I was copying the column to itself so that AL had a record of the original values. I figured out what I had to do though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-05-14 04_06_58-Editing metadata for 2 books.png
Views:	126
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	187119   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-05-14 04_08_32-Audit Log Activity Detail_ 1233 Rows.png
Views:	126
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	187120  
Old 05-14-2021, 03:12 AM   #105
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I accidentally wiped out my Audit Log so I was copying the values to themselves so that AL had a record of them. I figured out what I had to do though.
It works by accident.

Searching for /1 finds nothing because that character sequence doesn't exist in an ISO date. Replacing with /1 would replace with exactly that text, /1, but since nothing was found, nothing was replaced.

You probably wanted search for ^(.*)$ and replace with \1. This matches the entire source and replaces it with itself