Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Boox Note & bluetooth keyboard

When I'm using a bluetooth keyboard with my note, the onscreen keyboard pops up with each new input field and if I touch the input field during input (say, to move the cursor).

For example, in writing this post, the keyboard popped up when I touched the Title field, I then pressed the button on the onscreen keyboard to remove it and it is fine. But then the keyboard pops up again when I touch the Message field, again i can have the keyboard go away but if I want to move the cursor and correct a typo by touching the field again, up pops the keyboard.

I did see someone post in another thread about playing with the onscreen keyboard settings, I have tried this without success.

If anyone has this working perfectly, could you please post exactly how you achieved it.

Thanks.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
Hi! I would be grateful to you if you could share some details about how Onyx Note works with the bluetooth keyboard. I should install an application to handle this keyboard? Does it write faster than the onscreen keyboard? With the onscreen keyboard, the writing is slow, if I type faster it skips letters from the text and when I enter the diacritics, the selection in the popup that appears at the long press of a key is rather cumbersome ...
Thanks.
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
It simply connects via Bluetooth. The note keeps up with my typing speed. It all works great, aside from the aforementioned need to manually make the onscreen keyboard go away with each field, not too much of a problem if you're typing a document or something similar.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
Thanks for your suggestion, Cartz. I made an attempt with a Bluetooth keyboard and go unexpectedly well. I have also installed an application (External keyboard helper) with which I assigned key combinations for diacritic characters (ă,î,ș,ț) and going great.
* I still have a question: does anyone know if Onyx Notes also accepts a bluetooth / touchpad mouse (to guide me what keyboard to buy)?
Thank you in advance.
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote