Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #31
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The INSTALL.txt file incorrectly states that Qt 4.7.x is required. Qt 4.8.x is required. I suggest that the paragraph

Qt 4.7.x is also required on all platforms. It can be downloaded
[http://qt.nokia.com/downloads here] (choose the LGPL version).

should be replaced by

Opensource Qt 4.8.x is also required on all platforms. It can be downloaded
[http://qt-project.org/downloads here]
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #32
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
A (hopefully) corrected x86 Windows build has been posted.
Works fine for me!
Great program!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #33
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Doitsu - I'm afraid Oldpilot seems to think it is a far better use of his time to come and post FUD on every single Sigil release thread rather than take a few minutes to follow the advice the developers have apparently wasted their time repeatedly on trying to give him. What better thanks could we have for thousands of hours of unpaid effort than to have a user proudly proclaiming they haven't lifted a finger to help themselves. The issue remains specific to Oldpilot's machine as far as we are concerned at this point, and everyone else should just ignore it.

As for the dictionaries, yes the directory name was changed to be "hunspell_dictionaries", which should get created when you install Sigil does it not? I know poor meme is still working on the user manual, there is so much in this release it is going to be a while before he gets caught up with that.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #34
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The INSTALL.txt file incorrectly states that Qt 4.7.x is required. Qt 4.8.x is required.
I just realised that it's not obvious that I'm talking about trying to build Sigil from source, not using one of the compiled binaries.

Anyone just wanting to use a binary build of Sigil does not, of course, need to get and install Qt.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #35
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
As for the dictionaries, yes the directory name was changed to be "hunspell_dictionaries", which should get created when you install Sigil does it not?
The directory was of course created during the Sigil installation, but it took me a while to figure out that additional spell-check dictionaries now have to be copied there, because in 0.5.3 all dictionaries were located in the \dictionaries folder and in 0.6.0 the default dictionaries are still copied to the \dictionaries folder and not the \hunspell_dictionaries folder.

IMHO, this is a cosmetic, low priority issue at best, however, it might confuse some users who installed spell-check dictionaries in 0.5.3 by copying the dictionary files to the \dictionaries folder and and are now puzzled about why they can no longer select their language from the spell-check menu.

Quote:
I know poor meme is still working on the user manual, there is so much in this release it is going to be a while before he gets caught up with that.
I really appreciate the effort that you guys put into this build. You created yet another great build with countless useful features missing in many commercial products. Of course I didn't expect the online help to contain information on all the new features.

I mainly mentioned this issue in case other users encounter the same problem.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #36
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I'm talking about trying to build Sigil from source.
Which seems to be going quite well. Congratulations to the developers! Getting source code into a state where it can be compiled elsewhere by someone else is often tricky.

I did get one set of warnings that I didn't understand:

WARNING:
WARNING: Could not find any external Qt frameworks to deploy in "Sigil.app"
WARNING: Perhaps macdeployqt was already used on "Sigil.app" ?
WARNING: If so, you will need to rebuild "Sigil.app" before trying again.

when I was trying to build the dmg (which did get built). I can run the built Sigil, but I'm a little worried that others might have problems. Does anyone know off-hand (before I delver deeper into the make files) whether these warnings indicate that I must change something, or can they be safely ignored?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #37
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Doitsu - \dictionaries should be a 0.5.3 thing only - it does not exist with Sigil 0.6? Are you sure you are not confusing yourself with an earlier release?

With Sigil 0.6 within your user settings folder, there is only \hunspell_dictionaries (which is created as empty and where you should copy your custom dictioanries to) and \user_dictionaries (for your custom word lists).

Then in the application folder itself (within Program Files on Windows) there is another hunspell_dictionaries subfolder, which contains the dictionaries supplied with Sigil that should be left untouched.

So I'm not sure were the \dictionaries folder you refer to comes in? Unless there is some cross platform issue in the code - what OS are you using? Certainly on Windows there is no such folder with 0.6.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #38
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Which seems to be going quite well.
OK, a Sigil 0.6.0 dmg for Intel Mac OS X 10.5 (and later) can be directly downloaded from my google docs folder by clicking this link. It does, at least, launch on my Mac OS X 10.6.8 system, but it has had no significant testing.

But if you're not on Mac OS X 10.8 yet, perhaps it's worth a try?

[Update, 7 December 2012: Link removed. Mac OS X 10.5 64-bit Intel version of 0.6.2 available here.]

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-07-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #39
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
@Doitsu - \dictionaries should be a 0.5.3 thing only - it does not exist with Sigil 0.6? Are you sure you are not confusing yourself with an earlier release?
You're right. I uninstalled 0.5.3. and installed 0.6 in the same folder as the old version. Most likely the 0.5.3 Windows uninstaller didn't remove the dictionaries folder, because I copied additional dictionaries into it.

Also I didn't expect it to be a leftover from a previous installation, because 0.5.3. came pre-installed with some dictionaries and I couldn't imagine 0.6 coming with no dictionaries at all.

Hopefully, my post didn't cause too much confusion. As a side-effect, 0.6 users who read this thread now know that there a new dictionary folder. :-)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #40
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
I managed to make it work on Lion (Mac OS X 10.7) with a compiled version. Just follow these instructions: http://code.google.com/p/sigil/wiki/RunningFromSource

Edit: Pdurrant's version worked fine in 10.7 too.

Last edited by PageLab; 10-29-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Adding useful info
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #41
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageLab View Post
Edit: Pdurrant's version worked fine in 10.7 too.
And it certainly launches in 10.6, and hopefully will also do so in 10.5.

I did see if a 10.4 version would compile easily, but it didn't. So Mac Intel only, which isn't too much of a surprise.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #42
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Quote:
OK, a Sigil 0.6.0 dmg for Intel Mac OS X 10.5 (and later) can be directly downloaded from my google docs folder by clicking this link. It does, at least, launch on my Mac OS X 10.6.8 system, but it has had no significant testing.
THANKS! Going to give it a try. Why not? I'm stuck at home for the hurricane. It's as good a time as any. Have been feeling like a wallflower at the dance (running 10.6.8 at home and 10.7 at work).
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #43
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
@pdurrant - Thank you so much! When another piece of software I use gets updated for Lion and Mountain Lion I will be able to use the released version. Until then your version seems to work. If I can figure out karma, more for you.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #44
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
Sigil 0.6.0 work fin under ubuntu 12.10 32Bit.
vblars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #45
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
OK, a Sigil 0.6.0 dmg for Intel Mac OS X 10.5 (and later) can be directly downloaded from my google docs folder by clicking this link.
I'll try this out on my 10.5.8 Mac Mini tonight and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote