Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
OS

I've been reading the other user's forum and now I have a question:

Where do you find the specs on the OS of the android e-readers?
I see quite a few that look good, then find that they don't mention it or use Google and they also have phone hardware. I have a phone so it needs to be wifi only.

I can live without Google. I had a Coby tablet that didn't have Google and Amazon and the App store filled the needs. I've rooted phones to get rid of most of Google. Amazon does carry most of the reading apps. I like FB reader for its file system. I don't need or want an opening screen with a shelf of books. I want the list of files like the old Glo has with no extra cutesy like make a shelf. Nor do I need the tracking and reading information like the Glo.
I have FB on an old Acer tablet, but it's 10.2 inches running 4.1 and heavy to hold.

Size - anywhere from 6 to 8 inches OK. It also must use an SD card.

Thanks

I've seen no requests for OS info in the general android forum.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote