Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #1
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Convert from a specific format?

I have tried searching for this, but I wasn't sure of how to phrase the search properly, so if I have missed the answer, my sincere apologies:

I'm migrating from Kindle to Kobo, and have many books in multiple formats - is it possible to select books for conversion by format? For example, select all epubs for conversion to kepub, and all mobis for conversion to AZW3? I've given my Paperwhite to my Dad and have found that it definitely prefers AZW3 to mobi, so I'd like to load my Kobo Clara with kepubs, load his 'new' Kindle with AZW3s then delete all the formats I no longer need
Old 10-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I have tried searching for this, but I wasn't sure of how to phrase the search properly, so if I have missed the answer, my sincere apologies:

I'm migrating from Kindle to Kobo, and have many books in multiple formats - is it possible to select books for conversion by format? For example, select all epubs for conversion to kepub, and all mobis for conversion to AZW3? I've given my Paperwhite to my Dad and have found that it definitely prefers AZW3 to mobi, so I'd like to load my Kobo Clara with kepubs, load his 'new' Kindle with AZW3s then delete all the formats I no longer need
not formats:azw3 (for those you want AZW3 )

not formats:kepub (for your Kobo. BTW It will read epub)

You need to run each separately and set the output format in the bulk conversion dialog
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Thanks so much, theducks! I know Kobo will read epub, I was just button-press happy
Old 10-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Thanks so much, theducks! I know Kobo will read epub, I was just button-press happy
I come from a Knob Twiddle era: Don't touch that Dial!
(Radios, TV's had rotary tuning. Washers and Dryers had Rotary timers.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
My Dryer still has. Am I trapped in a time warp?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I come from a Knob Twiddle era: Don't touch that Dial!
Since this forum is all about mobile reading devices, I'm tempted to win this "I'm so old" game by replying "my tablet's cuneiform"