Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 08:47 PM   #1
Ognik
Ognik began at the beginning.

Device: Win PC
Unhappy Struggling to add folders

Hi - Win PC, ext drive failed :-(
So I've reinstalled Calibre on a new ext. drive, but I'm having trouble adding folder with books in them.
I've setup an auto-add folder, but if I put a folder in there and restart Calibre, nothing happens.
If I try and add manually, it keep asking to open folders until I get to book level - then if I select a book, it adds it fine.
But this would take too long, I've lots of books - all in various folders.

I'm sure when I first installed it, Calibre used a top level folder to import all books, how can I get that done now please?
Ognik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click the add books button and choose add books from folders and sub-folders.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
auto add, folder, import books