Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Yes theatres and concert halls no longer have a programme you can buy at the door, now they have a program

I loathe the utterance 'app'. Whenever its spoken, it's invariably overemphasised, as in being spat out. So much so that I feel compelled to duck the spray, even when its spoken on the media

BR
To me an app is something that runs on the iPhone, iPad, with Android or under the Win 8.1 metro interface. When it runs on Windows Desktop or MAC OS X or Linux, it's a program.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Because there is no other appropriate thread.
There is never an appropriate thread for passive aggressive trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This thread belongs in really Religion, but I can't move there.
I wouldn't want to bother folks in that forum with this level of fanaticism, but did you try to move it? In the past I have been able to move threads (maybe just posts) anywhere I wanted outside of the calibre forum. But if I were to make a mistake I would be in trouble because I couldn't mess with them after moving them.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:48 AM   #18
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'd like to point out that on the original Macintosh MFS, folders really were folders, not directories, because the MFS didn't support directories.

Directories in HFS and HFS+ support the Mac folder paradigm, not the other way around. Indeed, the Mac OS X GUI can have folders that do not correspond to a physical directory in the HFS+ structure.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #20
bobstro
Zealot
bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014,Hisense Sero Pro 7,Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
It's a catalog.

It does seem the term folder dates back to at least 1958, so if you're using age as your criteria for correctness...

(Sorry for the large image, but wanted it to be legible)

So long as the user can understand what's meant, what's it matter?

Last edited by bobstro; 09-06-2014 at 10:10 PM.
bobstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #21
mikefulton
mikefulton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobstro View Post
It's a catalog.
If this was Facebook, I'd LIKE that post...
mikefulton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directory, folder