Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-03-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
RobertoOG
Enthusiast
RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura h2o
Lightbulb Call another plugin from my plugin

Hi, I want to make a plugin that automatically converts my .epub to .kepub format when it's imported. Currently there is a plugin that makes that conversion, what I want is to call it whenever the user imports a new epub, then call another plugin that counts the pages, and then another plugin that hyphenates the words on it.

How can I call a plugin from my own FileTypePlugin?

Thank you very much

Last edited by RobertoOG; 12-03-2016 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Explaining my plan
RobertoOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
In this case, you don't want to call the other plugin. What you want to do is to start a conversion to the kepub format. But, why do you need to add this? Calibre can already convert any added books to your current preferred output format.

If for some reason this isn't suitable, you should be able to look at the code in calibre that starts the conversion when adding a book, and call or duplicate it in your plugin.

I should add if you do need to call another plugin, have a look at FanFicFare. It can call the Count Pages and Reading List plugins. It isn't hard, and I have done it in a plugi I haven't released. I'll track down the details if the above doesn't help.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-03-2016 at 09:22 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
RobertoOG
Enthusiast
RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertoOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura h2o
Thanks Davidfor, I'll take a look to that plugin and see what I can learn from it.
RobertoOG is offline   Reply With Quote