Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
peaceridge
Fanatic
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lg Gpad x8.3,Nexus 7.2, Lg G6, Galaxy Note 10(14), Kobo Aura 1
Help, I broke Calibre

Been using it for years. Have been trying different plugins due to new Kobo Aura One.

Problem 1: Get new plugins no longer works.
calibre, version 2.83.0
ERROR: Update Check Failed: Unable to reach the plugin index page.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 441, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 65, in read_available_plugins
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\https.py", line 202, in get_https_resource_securely
File "httplib.py", line 1208, in connect
File "httplib.py", line 793, in connect
File "socket.py", line 553, in create_connection
gaierror: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed

2. worse problem - it no longer recognizes that the Kobo Aura One is connected.

I've tried repair, uninstalling, reinstalling and no joy - any help would be most appreciated.

Lyn
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Firewall / Antivirus is the problem

and did you reboot (both)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
peaceridge
Fanatic
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Firewall / Antivirus is the problem

and did you reboot (both)?
Yes, I first used ccleaner, then did a reboot. I'm on Windows 10 Pro and haven't had an update or change to my Firewall/Antivirus.

Just checked the Firewall has Calibre enabled with action allow.

Last edited by peaceridge; 04-20-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Are you able to ping ==>> http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/

Its up now, for me at least.

If you can't you probably need to flush your DNS cache(s).

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
peaceridge
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Are you able to ping ==>> http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/

Its up now, for me at least.

If you can't you probably need to flush your DNS cache(s).

BR
I know how to ping - but don't know what you mean by pointing me to the plugins page.

Ah ha!! flush DNS corrected both problems. Who knew? (Obviously you did). Thank you, thank you!!

Lyn
Old 04-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@peaceridge - as well as pinging IP addresses, you can also ping an url such as the calibre plugins page. Simple way to test if you (or your ISP) has a DNS related problem.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
peaceridge
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@peaceridge - as well as pinging IP addresses, you can also ping an url such as the calibre plugins page. Simple way to test if you (or your ISP) has a DNS related problem.

BR
Thanks, will add that to my "knowledge base"!

Lyn