Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
desk7
Zealot
desk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toysdesk7 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Calibre privacy policy

What data are collected by Calibre? I know that a unique ID is assigned to every calibre installation. What is the privacy policy?
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
I don't know that there is an actual privacy policy.

The info collected by Calibre can be seen here...
http://calibre-ebook.com/dynamic/calibre-usage

...someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's all it collects.
AnemicOak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:44 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't know that there is an actual privacy policy.

The info collected by Calibre can be seen here...
http://calibre-ebook.com/dynamic/calibre-usage

...someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's all it collects.
The first paragraph on the page you linked to says it all.

Quote:
Usage statistics are collected whenever a user starts calibre. Every calibre installation has a unique ID, this ID remains unchanged by upgrades and even an uninstall/re-install. This ID is used to collect usage statistics. Only this ID is stored, no other identifying information is collected.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote