Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 05:51 AM   #991
Tanjamuse
Guru
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
I looked at Calibre in Narrow view but I think the cover will be too small.

I would much rather have the separate window. It's a shame that the “customisable” Book Details has to be docked on the left side.

If it could be "undocked" then you could select whatever you wanted to see.

That would be a perfect solution in my eyes, even if I can’t see columns in which there are no information.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2017, 03:54 AM   #992
iDron
iDron began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need in plugin for add watermarks. Is there such a plugin?
iDron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:38 PM   #993
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I looked at Calibre in Narrow view but I think the cover will be too small.

I would much rather have the separate window. It's a shame that the “customisable” Book Details has to be docked on the left side.

If it could be "undocked" then you could select whatever you wanted to see.

That would be a perfect solution in my eyes, even if I can’t see columns in which there are no information.
I use the 'i' details (not the one on the main UI), it is a floater, and can be moved to any monitor ( a perfect fit for that old 1024x768 you have laying about, best in portrait orientation. No second vid port? A USB video dongle (~$50) works great for mostly static screens )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:49 PM   #994
Tanjamuse
Guru
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I use the 'i' details (not the one on the main UI), it is a floater, and can be moved to any monitor ( a perfect fit for that old 1024x768 you have laying about, best in portrait orientation. No second vid port? A USB video dongle (~$50) works great for mostly static screens )
Except it isn't customizable like the Book Details in the right side of Calibre.

That's what I wanted in the first place a plugin that let's me decide what to see in a floating window.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #995
mickoz74
mickoz74 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire, nook simple touch, ipad
Book marks plug in

I have an iPad iBooks, kindle fire and a Windows tablet. Is there a plug in for calibre to sync book marks? I don't think you can but I was hoping calibre could universally do it

Thanks in advance
mickoz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #996
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
There is absolutely ZERO standard ways to do a bookmark on a single format, let alone across formats.
Add to that, the internal bookmarking system is proprietary.

If you have Kindles, use their Sync. Other brands may have similar tools WITHIN the brand.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #997
mickoz74

I have 1 iPad 1 kindle fire, 1 e ink nook. The kindle sync is no good for 1 kindle.
I thought going via calibre and plugins it could search the sentence you select in the book in calibre and search those books synced on the device via calibre.

Last edited by mickoz74; 04-26-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #998
mickoz74

I'd use kindle app on iPad for that but it won't show all my books
Old 05-27-2017, 06:01 PM   #999
jdgalt
jdgalt began at the beginning.

Feature ideas

I'm relatively new to Calibre, so please tell me how to do these things if it is already possible.

I would like to be able to:

(1) Organize my books as a directory with subdirectories, to be navigated like a file system, rather than one linear list.

(2) Open more than one window to the same book at the same time (so that for instance, when reading a book that has maps, diagrams, or pictures in it I can look at them alongside the text that talks about them).

(3) Clone a book and edit the new copy (to add footnotes, correct spelling, etc.) even though I'm not the author.

(4) See the most recent books I read, so I can go back to them.
jdgalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #1000
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgalt View Post
I'm relatively new to Calibre, so please tell me how to do these things if it is already possible.

(1) Organize my books as a directory with subdirectories, to be navigated like a file system, rather than one linear list.

(2) Open more than one window to the same book at the same time (so that for instance, when reading a book that has maps, diagrams, or pictures in it I can look at them alongside the text that talks about them).

(3) Clone a book and edit the new copy (to add footnotes, correct spelling, etc.) even though I'm not the author.

(4) See the most recent books I read, so I can go back to them.
  1. try Virtual Libraries, which are subsets of a library based on selection criteria.
  2. the Calibre Viewer can open multiple instances of a book, or you could open the format in another viewer via calibre's Open With feature. The latter is my preferred approach, also I'm not sure how well the current calibre viewer handles having the same book open in multiple instances of itself.

Also means I can listen to a book via a TTS program such as Balabolka, and glance at the reference material such as maps, endnotes without disturbing the TTS program.
  3. for substantial editing I copy the format file to an xxx Under Edit folder, which is adjacent to, but not within the xxx library. So I have a calibre library in folder named ...\_Main, and alongside it I have a non calibre library folder named ...\_Main Under Edit.

I do minor edits on the library format files.
  4. the View drop down, and the Viewer's Open icon drop down have MRU lists.
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:07 AM   #1001
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
The tag browser sort of does this. It has multiple categories to expand. Selecting one limits the displayed books to the selected category.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #1002
compurandom
Groupie
compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!compurandom is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kobo aura h2o
Quote:

calibre doesn't really do directories, but it does to hierarchical tags, and if you wanted to send books to an output device, you can use templates to tell it to turn one of the tags into a directory path.

You can enable tag hierarchies in preferences -> look and feel -> tag browser -> categories with heirarchial items
and put tags in that field. Then use periods in the tag name instead of / to separate components.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #1003
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (2), KPW2 (1), KP3 (2)
Some kind of metadata standardization

I am not sure if this goes with CALM, but I have never been able to get that plugin to work.

What I would like to see is selecting whatever books and have the metadata columns or custom columns merge so each book has the same metadata.

Basically if I have a series and some books have three genre tags, while other books have two genre tags, I would like to merge the tags so that each book has all the same tags. Also, it would be nice if I were able to pre-select tags not to merge, such as a "first in series" or "read" tag.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 AM   #1004
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
You don't really want this. This would limit books to being in one subdirectory. With calibre's metadata and tags, a book can be in many virtual subdirectories simultaneously.

You can also set up virtual libraries which one could look at as subdirectories if you try hard, as they show up as tabs in the calibre interface. (e.g. one of mine is 'unread' - it contains all my unread books, working off a custom column of metadata.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 AM   #1005
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7, Fire 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You don't really want this. This would limit books to being in one subdirectory. With calibre's metadata and tags, a book can be in many virtual subdirectories simultaneously.
Another example of using calibre's interface instead of subdirectories is finding books by author. If you click on an author name in the tag browser you will see only books by that author. Any books that have co-authors will show up in the list for any of the authors of that book. Achieving this sort of thing would be difficult with a fixed subdirectory structure.

The crucial idea is that any type of search limits the displayed list to only matching books.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote