Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I still love LRF!! I feel like the Sony 650 is the perfect ebook reader for me due to the size and the fact that it does read both epub and LRF. When/if it dies I'll have to get another x50 reader somehow.

Whenever I get funky epub files, like Phoenix Pick puts out sometimes, I always convert them to LRF.

Last edited by banjobama; 11-15-2012 at 07:28 PM.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I still love LRF!! I feel like the Sony 650 is the perfect ebook reader for me due to the size and the fact that it does read both epub and LRF. When/if it dies I'll have to get another x50 reader somehow.

Whenever I get funky epub files, like Phoenix Pick puts out sometimes, I always convert them to LRF.
It seems Phoenix Pick just puts out funky ePub as they have no idea what they are doing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #18
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It seems Phoenix Pick just puts out funky ePub as they have no idea what they are doing.
I definitely do not disagree. But since the books are free I don't really mind the extra step.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #19
Skillganon
Connoisseur
Skillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony prs 600 and T2
I used to be fond of LRF and had all the 4000 books in my PRS600 in that format, then I bought a T2, problem is the T2 does not support LRF. It is taking a while to convert them all to EPUB.
Irritating company sony
Skillganon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillganon View Post
I used to be fond of LRF and had all the 4000 books in my PRS600 in that format, then I bought a T2, problem is the T2 does not support LRF. It is taking a while to convert them all to EPUB.
Irritating company sony
Once it was figured out how to link external fonts to an ePub with the 505, I've been using ePub ever since. Now I don't have the problem you do. It was silly to keep using LRF when it was dead once ePub came on board.

Should have gone ePub on your 600 from day 1.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #21
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
LRF is my favourite format! The pagination is perfect and somehow the fonts seem to render better. Also on my 650 I've found the jump between font sizes to be more rational for a LRF book. It just seems to be native for the Sony somehow
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #22
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sorry, dude. It's EPUB. The marketing types say so.
http://idpf.org/epub
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If you get a T1 or T2, you will find the font sizes better for ePub then even LRF.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #24
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
I much prefer LRF to epub on my PRS-505 as I find epub has a strange page numbering displayed on each page, I don't know how to stop it displaying these. I use Bookdesigner to create my LRF files as I think it does it better than Calibre.
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Never used it. When I had my 650 I was mostly on epub. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen an LRF anywhere. Even the Sony bookstore sells books in epub.

I assembled over 600 ebooks in my early days here at MobileRead, and made the books into the LRF format.

You'll find them in our Library, if you're curious.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote