Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 11:44 PM   #1
poorconsumer
poorconsumer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hide or put all the .sdr folders in one place

I organize my files by folders on my likebook mars. This would be perfect, if it wasn't for the fact that for each file an .sdr folder is formed on the same location. I've tried hiding them by adding a dot on the start of the file, but that just makes me lose the progress I had on the book.

Is there a way to stop the .sdr folders from cluttering my file system without having to delete them?
poorconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I assume you are referring to when you look at the files on your device using your PC's file explorer, not on the device itself? I find it a little inconvenient, until I remember that the individual files appear after the folders, when using the explorer in Win7. If you wish to change how files and folders are displayed on your PC, I guess you would have to see if there is an option for that, in your PC's file management software.

The SDR folders are not displayed when I use the File Browser in KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Also, from what I know, koreader at the moment needs sdr folders and can't work without them, i.e. book info is stored there (what page you're on, etc.).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Disclaimer: Sidecard files are an improvement over the old centralized history. Please just ignore them on your file explorer and everything will be great. You can try to modify the code and return to the old behaviour but expect some broken stuff.

Storage candidates for docsettings: https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L113-L125.

Please remember if you use the "old" history file that all the books are expected to be on the same path always or you'll miss the progress (like when you remove a sidecar file)

Also I'm not sure but probably the history file will grow with junk stuff if you try to "refactor" your folder structure or if you remove a bunch of books or ...

Last edited by pazos; 11-19-2018 at 07:19 PM.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Perhaps it would be more convenient to use a .lua file with the name of the book, since most of the .sdr folders contain just one metadata.epub.lua file.
Sometimes there is also an .old file that I assume is a backup of some kind.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2018, 12:40 AM   #6
poorconsumer
poorconsumer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I assume you are referring to when you look at the files on your device using your PC's file explorer, not on the device itself? I find it a little inconvenient, until I remember that the individual files appear after the folders, when using the explorer in Win7. If you wish to change how files and folders are displayed on your PC, I guess you would have to see if there is an option for that, in your PC's file management software.

The SDR folders are not displayed when I use the File Browser in KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
No, I see them on my boyue likebook mars. I use relaunchx as a launcher and file explorer. I access and organize books in folders, and the sdr folders clutter them. Depending on the folder, Ill have to scroll over pages and pages of sdr folders.
poorconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorconsumer View Post
No, I see them on my boyue likebook mars. I use relaunchx as a launcher and file explorer. I access and organize books in folders, and the sdr folders clutter them. Depending on the folder, Ill have to scroll over pages and pages of sdr folders.
That is something that your "relaunchx" program is doing, not KOReader. The KOReader built in file browser, (even in the Android/APK version) shows my category folders but not the sdr folders.

If your device can install, and run programs that are distributed using an .apk package, KOReader itself should supply what you describe, and you need not use your "relaunchx" program as your file explorer.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.sdr