Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
CCmakes3
CCmakes3 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy s9+
Searching multiple libraries on Overdrive

Hello! I am new here with some Overdrive questions....

1. I use the Overdrive app on my Galaxy S9+ to listen to audiobooks. I have 3 libraries. Is there any way to search ALL of my libraries at once on the Overdrive App? It doesn't seem so, so I've been doing it from the website, BUT....

2. When I am logged in on the website and searching for books, it will show me which of my libraries have a particular book, but it will not let me borrow the book. The "Borrow" button is there, but when I click it, I get an error message or "Safari cannot open the page."

Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question -- I am still figuring things out. Thanks!
CCmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
1. I don't know of any way to search more than one library at a time in OD. If you get the program Calibre, it runs on Windows, you can do it there.

(Editing here: I just remembered Calibre also runs on Apple and Linux. )

2. Sorry, I know nothing about Safari.

Last edited by wawasteele; 09-04-2018 at 12:37 PM.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2018, 05:53 PM   #3
CCmakes3
CCmakes3 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy s9+
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
1. I don't know of any way to search more than one library at a time in OD. If you get the program Calibre, it runs on Windows, you can do it there.

(Editing here: I just remembered Calibre also runs on Apple and Linux. )

2. Sorry, I know nothing about Safari.
Thank you, wawasteele -- I will look into Calibre!
CCmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The Overdrive app will probably go away at some point; they are pushing Libby. I am grudgingly adapting to Libby, and finding things I like about it, but yes, it would be nice if it could search multiple libraries.

If you use Chrome on Windows/macOS/Linux there is a Library Extension that will do this if you are sitting on a book listing at Amazon or Goodreads (and maybe other book sites). If you traffic in physical books, it checks that too. Maybe it works with Firefox too, but I have not used either browser for quite awhile.

If a browser plugin can do it, it seems like it should be possible to do an app for the same purpose (on iOS, Android), but I have never come across one.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote