Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
What are we listening to? (audiobooks)

To copy Dr. Drib's "what are we reading" thread, what are you listening to?

I am currently listening to American Gods by Neil Gaiman (narrated by George Guidall).

I'm 10 hours into the 21 hour audiobook and I must say, as much as I'm enjoying the story and Mr. Guidall's narration, I think I was better off reading the book. It's just way too long for me lol.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I'm new to Audiobooks, I've recently finished The Passage by Justin Cronin (fantastic) and The Third Option by Vince Flynn (Just Ok) I'm about to start Plum Island by Nelson Demille
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
JA Konrath's Cherry Bomb. It is number 6 in the series. I have thouroughly enjoyed every book in the series. The narration is top notch. Jack Daniels is a great character. I would highly recommend this series to anyone that likes a good thriller/murder mystery.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
The Wind in the Willows. I am reading the book aloud to my daughter at bedtime and we checked out the BBC dramatized version on CD so we are listening to bits and pieces of that when we are in the car. It is really well done, the characters really come to life in the audiobook.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
An NPR audio adaptation of A Canticle for Liebowitz as a 15 part serial at The Internet Archive. I've read the book a couple of times and this is an adaptation (read abridged) version, but it's still good, with a full cast of characters. And it's free.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
At the moment I'm halfway through And Did Those Feet by Charlie Connelly, a travel narrative of his walking famous routes from British history. The narration is good, but the story ... not as much. His previous book on traveling the shipping forecast (which I was familiar with from the housekeeper, Mrs Bale, quoting from it on the Britcom "As Time Goes By) was a better read - glad my library had this one as a download, rather than having spent an Audible credit on it.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:35 AM   #7
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Currently listening to Absolution Gap by Alistair Reynolds. Book 4 in his revelation space series.

Before that series I listened to The Dark Tower series by Steven King. Great narrator that really got the feel of the stories right. I highly recommend them.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #8
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Listening to "Orpheus Rising: Love, rockets and a bloody great fish" by Colin Bateman. Enjoying it - well narrated - but not quite up to the standard of other Bateman novels.

Quote:
Michael Ryan was the author of a runaway bestseller, Space Coast, but its publication coincided with his wife's murder. Now he's back to face the ghosts of his past.

Michael met Claire when she was living with local hard man Tommy, a Gulf War vet. When Tommy leaves town to be a roadie for a band playing a six week stint on a cruise ship, Michael falls in love with Claire, they marry and he writes his novel. But then Claire is killed in a bank raid. Ten years later Michael returns to the scene of the crime to exorcise the ghosts of the past and try to write his second novel. But he discovers the grim truth behind his wife's murder and encounters the strangest of small-town behaviour...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Halfheartedly trying to get through Jane Eyre, from Librivox. I hated this book in high school--my ancient paperback copy was filled with furious scribblings expressing my disgust--but I thought I might appreciate it as an adult.

But no. It's still boring, and I keep deciding to listen to music instead of another painful chapter.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #10
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I just listened to my first Librivox book: Poor Miss Finch by Wilkie Collins. An excellent introduction to their service, definitely not boring as it was either intentionally humorous or campily so; Madame P. the "omniscient narrator voice" became one of my favorite characters from the whole Victorian genre.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Finishing up "Owner's Share" by Nathan Lowell from podiobooks.com. Excellent, as were the first 5 books.

Read by the author, who also does an excellent job reading.

http://www.podiobooks.com/podiobooks...+solar+clipper

Start with Quarter Share and see if it sounds interesting. I was engrossed very early in the book.

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #12
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I managed to persuade my husband that we should listen to Janet Evanovich's One For the Money on our trip to and from the theatre on Saturday. We saw The Maids, about two maids plotting to kill their employer. As it wasn't the normal theatre but ordinary chairs too close together as well I ended up asleep before the end. One For the Money was much needed comic relief.

He's going to finish it by himself.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
I'm listening to 'My Reading Life' by Pat Conroy as much for his writing as to learn what books shaped him as a writer. So far the two books he's covered,
Spoiler:
Gone With the Wind and Catcher in the Rye
, are books I've read and enjoyed. I may end up with a longer TBR read before I finish this.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #14
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I'm taking a break from American Gods to listen to American on Purpose by Craig Ferguson.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #15
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I'm currently listening to "Magic Bleeds" by Ilona Andrews, and the lecture course "Detective Fiction: The Killer, The Detective, and Their World".
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations