Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #32626
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
OK. Enough is enough. It's my damned birthday, and first, I get up, and the power's out for 2.5 hours, for whatever reason, someone hit a power transformer, etc.

NOW, my damn septic is backing up. There's just no damn justice.

Hitch
A week or 2 ago in the middle of a shower the water ended and I had a head full of shampoo. I used a bottle of sprite to wash it out and it was oold old old sprite I should have tossed a month ago LOL
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #32627
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
A week or 2 ago in the middle of a shower the water ended and I had a head full of shampoo. I used a bottle of sprite to wash it out and it was oold old old sprite I should have tossed a month ago LOL
OK...that's pretty horrible. Sprite? OMG....I'm pretty sure that soda is not really meant for washing hair. You didn't have any emergency bottles of water stashed someplace? We always have a gallon or two, "just in case." When you live in the boonies...you know what I mean!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:59 PM   #32628
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Thanks, Dazrin. Sitting here--dying!!--waiting on the snake guy (Plumber, for folks not accustomed to that term) now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Worst. Birthday. Ever. (And I don't even really DO birthdays; we don't go anywhere, do anything, I just want one lousy day of peace and quiet. Oh, no, that's too much to ask, apparently. )

Hitch
Hey, you could have had some poet kvetching at you about how you didn't set up his ebook to be alternative couplets with the first right-aligned, the second left-aligned, and so on.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:28 PM   #32629
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Hey, you could have had some poet kvetching at you about how you didn't set up his ebook to be alternative couplets with the first right-aligned, the second left-aligned, and so on.
Good point. Or I could be dead, with no more birthdays. Shouldn't bitch.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #32630
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ya all know I complain on how impossible it is to get packages where I live.
Well I was trying to upgrade my phone online for in store pickup but I went to fast and it was sent to ship instead. I was mad as a hatter and called verizon immediately. Was on hold 45 minutes!!! By the time someone answered the order was already in ship status and they could no longer cancel it. By now I am mad as a hatter cursing like mad. I like almost went Postal. It is set to be delivered tomorrow but of course I cant be around to accept delivery, apartment complex loses or misplaces my packages 90% of the time and due to my work hours it will be days and days before I can attempt to pick it up. I am so pissed off.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:51 PM   #32631
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Well I was trying to upgrade my phone online for in store pickup but I went to fast and it was sent to ship instead. I was mad as a hatter and called verizon immediately. Was on hold 45 minutes!!! By the time someone answered the order was already in ship status and they could no longer cancel it. By now I am mad as a hatter cursing like mad. I like almost went Postal. It is set to be delivered tomorrow but of course I cant be around to accept delivery, apartment complex loses or misplaces my packages 90% of the time and due to my work hours it will be days and days before I can attempt to pick it up. I am so pissed off.
I hope this time will be one of the 10% where your package is not lost!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:17 AM   #32632
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Oh no! I hope you get it. I had an issue with a package recently. The USPS is bad in my neighborhood. It showed delivered on Monday and finally showed up on Friday.

The adjuncts are going to be the death of me. Grown women. Very grown, like a few years older than my age in the 40s, and I have to do everything but read them a bedtime story and sing them "soft kitty" before leaving for the evening (metaphorically speaking). One could probably handle stuff but won't (and I found out last night that she doesn't understand tabbed browsing. Really?). The other is just pretty hapless. Their immediate supervisor knows. Blessedly, that is not me. I just have the joy of being the full-time person that has a slightly later work schedule than the other full-time people, so have to settle the evening crew in for the night. I really only have to deal with them for one hour a day, thankfully.

I found this more annoying than usual last evening. There was the aforementioned tabbed browsing issue and evidence of shocking ignorance about some database features, so I was 20 minutes late getting off campus.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #32633
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Went in for a kidney stone removal (in the ureter - the pipe from the kidney to the bladder) this morning.

Procedure failed, - stone it still there. I am in pain and urinating blood. Not a pretty day.

For an extra bonus, got a spear phishing email - with the fake sender being named was the US Department Of Justice. (I have notified DOJ about the situation.)

How's your day going. . . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:15 PM   #32634
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
OOOOWWWWW!!!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #32635
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Went in for a kidney stone removal (in the ureter - the pipe from the kidney to the bladder) this morning.

Procedure failed, - stone it still there. I am in pain and urinating blood. Not a pretty day.

For an extra bonus, got a spear phishing email - with the fake sender being named was the US Department Of Justice. (I have notified DOJ about the situation.)

Ouch!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:30 PM   #32636
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I sympathize with the kidney stone. I know they are very painful. Ouch!

Honestly, I have things that I could complain about, but it's all pretty petty. The knee injury is getting old though (still using a walker and it's been 29 days since I injured it). I am really, really getting annoyed with the increase (again) of robocalls. I even hung up on my doctor's office, thinking it was a robo call.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:48 PM   #32637
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

Ouch! My brother gets those. I thank my lucky stars that that is one thing my defective little body has spared me.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #32638
HLS
Wizard

God. It was delivered at lunch. I literally set parked in my car to intercept the fedex truck lol
Old 11-29-2018, 10:34 PM   #32639
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
God. It was delivered at lunch. I literally set parked in my car to intercept the fedex truck lol
Yay! Glad to hear you were able to get it!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:06 AM   #32640
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We have a slight problem with the kittens.

When we got them we got two regular litter boxes, one upstairs and one downstairs, with the plan to move the one downstairs upstairs eventually. However, one of the (Luna I think) likes to pee high up against the back of the litter box. So urine leaked out through the gap between the top and bottom of the litter box.

Since Luna mostly uses the downstairs litter box my mother replaced it with one with a high back, she also switched to saw dust pellets as a filling, since those give off less smell and are easier to clean. After a couple of days of reluctance they didn't have a problem with this new system. And last week we got the same litter box for upstairs, which they also accepted.

Yesterday I moved the downstairs litter box upstairs and that seems to be too much for one of them (Maru probably). Though both boxes were clean last night one of them had urinated next to the boxes (a place where Nikita occasionally urinated when she thought her box was too dirty). And this morning I found one of them had urinated on a small pillow in my room. Luckily it was one I had wanted to throw away for a long time but kept forgetting to do. It must have been Maru; Luna hasn't been in my rooms this morning.

I cleaned up the mess, put some tin foil down on the spot in the hallway and locked my catflap. Until Maru has accepted the new situation she won't be allowed in my rooms.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness