Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 01:22 AM   #346
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
@DaltonST
will you have a look into my findings about the shortcut list?
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #347
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My Calibre has none of the issues that you describe, and I cannot test for issues that I cannot see. So, the simple solution is for you to click the "Export to Clipboard" button, "Paste Special" into a Spreadsheet, and change the listing however you please.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #348
LAPIII
LAPIII began at the beginning.

Device: PC
How do I change background color? When I choose 'Change GUI text and Alternating Row Colors' nothing happens.

[EDIT]

I had to go to ' Job Spy > Custome GUI Tools > GUI Colors: Library View, Tag Browser, Book Details' to choose the colors that I wanted, and click 'Apply Selected Colors'. Under that you have to enable 'The Library View Column/Row Headings should have this background color (not the default greyish color)?'. A restart is required.

Last edited by LAPIII; 01-25-2019 at 09:42 AM.
LAPIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #349
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
My Calibre has none of the issues that you describe, and I cannot test for issues that I cannot see. So, the simple solution is for you to click the "Export to Clipboard" button, "Paste Special" into a Spreadsheet, and change the listing however you please.
I missed this post until now.

I'm attaching my shortcuts\main.json file.

Refer to my earlier post (#343) for visual examples of the discrepancies Katya_hbg and I are seeing.

BR
Attached Files
File Type: zip main.zip (1.3 KB, 117 views)
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #350
LAPIII
LAPIII began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Can I change the blue highlighting whatever line I click on in the book list, and the color of the detail's text in the Book details?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.png
Views:	174
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	169204  

Last edited by LAPIII; 01-21-2019 at 02:47 PM.
LAPIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 PM   #351
calp
calp began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 4 HD
Dark Mode

Hello there! I've started using your plugin since I needed a dark theme. The perfect look for me would be like the one from the user above, yet, when I tried replicating his settings (calibre-settings.png), here is what I got (calibre.png)

Any advice?
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.png
Views:	160
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	169282   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-settings.png
Views:	178
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	169283  
calp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #352
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the difference is not due to different JS settings, then likely it is due to differences in the Calibre > Preferences > Look & Feel settings for "User Interface Style" and/or the Operating System (Qt works differently in Windows than OSX). If you both are in Windows, then it could be due to how each of you has personally customized Windows for colors, display settings, etc. That is all I can offer.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:20 PM   #353
calp
calp began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 4 HD
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to answer me.

I agree with you. In fact, knowing that Calibre's developer said quite a few times that Calibre's dark mode should be present when Windows 10 is set on the dark theme and that, whatever I did, I could not get it to work, I now guess it is related to Qt. Unfortunately, the advice given (compiling from source) by Calibre's developer is, I am afraid, beyond my capabilities. I will just leave her a few of my settings, in case Advice Pro sees this post and can (if he has time) to provide his.

OS - Windows 10 1809 dark theme (it is working, explorer has black background).
Calibre main interface setting - System predefined.
JobSpy settings as above.

If anyone else has any advice I would really appreciate it. In case more detail are needed just let me know.

!

Update: I've finally found a solution. It turns out one needs to enable the high contrast mode in the Windows theme settings. Once you do that, you setup custom colors for text background etc. For those that have the same problem, with Job Spy, custom High Contrast colors and the dark theme, I was able to get a result very similar to the one posted by AdvicePro.

Last edited by calp; 01-26-2019 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Update
calp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:33 PM   #354
DaltonST
Deviser

Shortcut Listing Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I missed this post until now.

I'm attaching my shortcuts\main.json file.

Refer to my earlier post (#343) for visual examples of the discrepancies Katya_hbg and I are seeing.

BR

The main.json file is necessary but not sufficient to fix the shortcut listing. The few images you had previously attached are inadequate. I also need your full and complete sc listing based on that identical main.json file. It can be pasted-special into a spreadsheet and attached along with its main.json file at the exact time it was created so I can cross-reference your main.json to the listing to what preferences>shortcuts says. Also, I need your configuration file containing your matching "open with" configuration, windows_open_with.json, so I can match "names" like "ba5d91eb-7a33-497e-be1f-08a3aa0c280e" that appear in my system when using your main.json to what they really should be (e.g. "open something with some.exe").

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 02-02-2019 at 12:51 PM. Reason: More information needed
Old 02-02-2019, 03:52 PM   #355
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The main.json file is necessary but not sufficient to fix the shortcut listing. The few images you had previously attached are inadequate. I also need your full and complete sc listing based on that identical main.json file. It can be pasted-special into a spreadsheet and attached along with its main.json file at the exact time it was created so I can cross-reference your main.json to the listing to what preferences>shortcuts says. Also, I need your configuration file containing your matching "open with" configuration, windows_open_with.json, so I can match "names" like "ba5d91eb-7a33-497e-be1f-08a3aa0c280e" that appear in my system when using your main.json to what they really should be (e.g. "open something with some.exe").
Thanks - I'll PM a link to my configuration folder and the shortcuts export

BR
Old 02-03-2019, 06:29 PM   #356
DaltonST
Deviser

Development Version 1.0.138

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Thanks - I'll PM a link to my configuration folder and the shortcuts export
BR
Changed: Version 1.0.138 has been released.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 02-04-2019 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Production Version 1.0.138 Released
Old 02-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #357
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Development Version 1.0.138 - 2019-02-03 Shortcut Listing Enhancements. See the attached. Please verify that everything that anyone mentioned previously has been dealt with.

That's fixed my issues, and I think Katja_hbg's too - but I'd rather she speak for herself - give her a nudge via a PM.

BR
Old 02-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #358
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.138 - 2019-02-03 Shortcut Listing Enhancements

Version 1.0.138 - 2019-02-03 Shortcut Listing Enhancements

DaltonST
Old 02-07-2019, 03:28 AM   #359
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Can you create a tweak so I can use something other than . for hierarchical tag-columns? Ideally I would love to use \ or > ?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #360
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Can you create a tweak so I can use something other than . for hierarchical tag-columns? Ideally I would love to use \ or > ?
Unfortunately, only Kovid can make that happen.

DaltonST

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools