Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 08:17 AM   #796
lovingfriendstar
lovingfriendstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I think to do this you need to work it into your workflow instead of making a single search for it.

For example, when all of a series has been read, use the 'user category' plugin and add the series to the "favorite series" category.

Now, if a new book shows up in the series, you can have a search that says show me unread stuff in the favorite series user category...and manually add those to the list of things to sync with the reading list plugin.
This seems promising. However, the plugin doesn't work for me or I'm doing something wrong. I added it to context menu, and upon opening the User Categories menu, I cannot click on anything nor I can add any categories. It just doesn't work.
lovingfriendstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #797
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@lovingfriendstar - try setting up the User Categories via the Manage User Categories option, you can access it thus:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	165649

IIRC the User Categories plugin does not provide the means to create new User Categories, that must be done via Manage User Categories.

Be aware that whilst a User Category can be created based on custom columns, the plugin does not support custom columns.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #798
sternbyname
sternbyname began at the beginning.

Hi
Sorry if this has been dealt with earlier, but I couldn't find it if so...
I'm connecting to Calibre using Calibre Companion with Wireless Sync.
I want to add any new books on Calibre to my device, and delete any books on the device which are not in Calibre, ie so the libraries are the same. That's it.
Adding new books with Reading Lists works fine - I use 'Auto-populated from search' with search 'ondevice:false' and option 'Add new list items to device'.
However I can't find a way to remove books from the device which are on the device but have been deleted from the library - 'orphaned' books.
I've tried making a list with 'Auto populate from search' with 'inlibrary:false', but that returns nothing, as the search is done on the library itself of course, not the device. But I don't think there's a way of doing it with 'Auto-populate from books on device'. Any help appreciated.
PS By the way, in Calibre if I switch to the 'Device' > 'Show Books in Main Memory' view and search for 'inlibrary:false' then the orphaned book does show up.
Thanks!
sternbyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #799
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I haven't found a way to do it with this plugin, so I went another route: SmartEject plugin, that shows book in device and not in library. Not automatic but better than nothing.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #800
sternbyname
sternbyname began at the beginning.

Thanks, very helpful, works well.
sternbyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:00 AM   #801
LMF
LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad, Kindle
Hi All
I'm syncing my reading lists to a Kindle and a Folder using this plugin. I'm also using the metadata plugboard to add the series info to the title. This is working fine when the reading list syncs to the kindle, but I can't get the plugboard to work when I'm syncing to a folder. I have changed the plugboard to "All Devices" and "All Formats" - does anyone have any ideas?
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #802
LMF
LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad, Kindle
Ahh sorry, ignore the above post. The metadata is being updated correctly, I was getting confused by the file name.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #803
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Ran into an odd problem. Have a yes/no column for read status, and was trying to get it to change to 'yes' when removing a book from the list (presumably because I read it...). Instead, it just blanks the field out. What went wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-13_004501.png
Views:	286
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	167674  
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #804
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Ran into an odd problem. Have a yes/no column for read status, and was trying to get it to change to 'yes' when removing a book from the list (presumably because I read it...). Instead, it just blanks the field out. What went wrong?
I think you are using three-valued yes/no columns. When I initially tested here, it set the value to "No". But, when I changed the preference to use three-values, it set the value to empty. And I think that is the correct behaviour. It is saying to remove the value, which means the column will have no value when using three-valued yes/no columns. You will either need to change back to two-valued yes/no columns or explicitly set it to "N".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:42 AM   #805
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Setting it to two-valued yes/no worked. Thank you.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #806
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have two minor changes that I run with locally that I am considering pushing back out to the community.

1. Moving all the View submenu items back onto the main plugin menu to save an extra navigation/click. The only possible downside is if there are people with "dozens" of lists as it would make the main menu noisy for them? For "typical" users with only a few lists it would be more convenient.

2. Changing sorting that gets applied when viewing a reading list. Personally I find it more useful to *not* apply a sort at least when viewing auto-generated lists, instead just letting it use the current Calibre sort. I "could" make this a preference per list type rather than doing it by list type - personally I never use "ordering" of items added on any of my lists but I know there were users who do care about order on manual lists at least.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above? I can just keep them as local changes for myself if no real interest.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #807
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I have no particular opinion about either.

But it is nice to see you again.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:06 PM   #808
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I have two minor changes that I run with locally that I am considering pushing back out to the community.

1. Moving all the View submenu items back onto the main plugin menu to save an extra navigation/click. The only possible downside is if there are people with "dozens" of lists as it would make the main menu noisy for them? For "typical" users with only a few lists it would be more convenient.
I like that. But, I do have to many lists to want to have them all on the main menu. That is only about 12, but there are some that are not used as often. Being able to push two or three to the main menu would work for me.
Quote:
2. Changing sorting that gets applied when viewing a reading list. Personally I find it more useful to *not* apply a sort at least when viewing auto-generated lists, instead just letting it use the current Calibre sort. I "could" make this a preference per list type rather than doing it by list type - personally I never use "ordering" of items added on any of my lists but I know there were users who do care about order on manual lists at least.
I don't use the list order and always have to resort after changing lists. Sticking with the calibre order would suit me.

And nice to see you around.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:06 AM   #809
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

I like this. I usually have very few lists, so it's better. But, as davidfor has said, being able to choose the lists that go to the menu would be even better.

Quote:
I don't use order either, so I don't have an opinion.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #810
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
How about a compromise...
Let the user select which reading lists should be on the main menu...

I've got a lot of automatic reading lists that I would almost never manually select and are fine buried, and a small handful that I constantly use and would be wonderful on the main menu.

If you do move them *all* to the main menu, at least let me move the ones I use a lot to the top of the list. (Or I suppose I could rename them to be alphabetically first.)
compurandom is online now   Reply With Quote