Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
matthew tenney
Enthusiast
matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
A Practical Guide to True Happiness - Free Sample Chapters

Dear Friends at MobileRead,

This new e-book is available for $1 at the Kindle Store.

Here's a link to Free Sample Chapters.

About the Book

"In one of the worst situations imaginable, confined for over five years for committing a paper crime against the U.S. government, Matthew Tenney discovered a miracle: True Happiness.

In A Practical Guide to True Happiness, Matthew shares practical, mindfulness-based tools for living a stress-free, meaningful, deeply satisfying life, free of fear and suffering. He clearly demonstrates that regardless of our situation in life, true happiness and a deeply meaningful life are not only possible, but much closer at hand than we may think. He offers an inspiring, practical path to happiness that could profoundly change your life, and the world."

Here's what John Spence, best-selling author of Awesomely Simple, had to say about the book.

"Superb advice and guidance. [This book] can be truly life changing. I very highly recommend A Practical Guide to True Happiness!!!"

Kindle Store - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005G88OTU

My hope is to create an exciting new paradigm with this book. You, the readers, get to benefit by learning incredible tools for realizing true happiness, freedom from suffering, and deep meaning in life, AND by knowing that you are helping great causes with your purchase, as we donate all of our profits to charity.

Be peace,

matthew

Last edited by matthew tenney; 09-21-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Improving the post
matthew tenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
matthew tenney
Enthusiast
matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Free Preview!!

Hey everyone!

I have some nice news.

The Preface and Chapter One of this book are now available for FREE at Google Docs. Here's a link.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...Y2Y1MzA0&hl=en

Last edited by matthew tenney; 09-21-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
matthew tenney
Enthusiast

I look forward to hearing your comments on the Free Sample Chapters!!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
matthew tenney
Enthusiast

For anyone who's reading the free sample chapters, I'd really like to hear your thoughts.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
matthew tenney
Enthusiast

This book received another review recently. See below:

I have found this to be an inspiring book on multiple levels. First, the author's back story and how he came to write this book is one of triumph, of using one's time confined in a cell in such a resourceful way that empowered him like he may not have been otherwise, which in turn helped him empower other prisoners, and ultimately now anyone he comes in contact with, including myself. He says something in the book to the extent of experiencing the most profound satisfaction and freedom he'd ever had while IN A PRISON. Wow.

Second, the book is exactly what the title suggests. A practical guide, and it aims to keep things simple. At the same time, there is plenty of solid information, scientific facts, an explanation of the essence of how our minds work, how we're conditioned to seek this and avoid that, the necessity of acceptance, a subtle and profound distinction between pleasant events and true happiness, and so much more.

As with any book, the real value, the change, the learning, comes from DOING whatever is in the book (not just reading ABOUT it). The author makes this very EASY by providing plenty of exercises, including how to begin a daily practice. In addition, he graciously offers to answer any questions the reader might have :-)

The book provides much hope, pointing out how even if it doesn't SEEM so in the moment, true happiness is MUCH closer than we may have realized! It utilizes science, timeless wisdom, stories, metaphors, and outlines how one can turn this practice of mindfulness into a moment by moment experience.

Finally, I have had the privilege of meeting the author, and he really lives what is written. I met him briefly before I knew about his story or that he had a book. He seemed at peace, and very interested in getting to know me, a stranger. Then maybe 2 months later I heard about the book, read it, and knew that I had met a genuine person, who was an embodiment of what he had written about. Recently he guided me through a 20 minute mindfulness session that was more relaxing than the thousands of hours of meditation I have had over the last several years. Very profound for me. Thank you.

Enjoy!

Andrew H
Old 11-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
matthew tenney
Enthusiast

Another great review!

Dear Friends,

Below is another great review.

A Practical Guide to True Happiness provides simple and very powerful tools to help us in our everyday lives. It is a short read with very practical exercises to help us realize Peace & Purpose. The author clearly illustrates how True Happiness is within us and invites us to join him in living life Truly Happy!

While reading this book, especially the last chapter, I felt inspired to create Peaceful interactions with my loved ones, as well as people I just meet. I find this book so helpful that I've bought copies for my family and friends.

I recommend this book to everyone. One of the high school exchange students I worked with last year, read the book, and he said with a smile "..it was very inspiring!" (Dani, Bosnia & Herzegovina)

May this book help guide you to a life that is truly meaningful...a life that You cannot help but Smile!

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Love,
Natalie Marie
Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The true happiness lies in spiritual living.
Here's one of the examples from Spiritual-series.
This paperback is available under $10 now.
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charity, freedom, happiness, inspirational, meaningful life