Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 03-30-2024, 11:14 AM   #1
julenuri
julenuri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and Sony DPC
I need a little help to understand Calibre's conversion - cpickle

Hello Calibre people:

At first, let's say that I am not developer, I know nothing about code.

I am researching to fix a bug under ReactOS that involves one function that Calibre uses to convert bugs (I know it is an unsupported function since python 3.y.z , ok, but I want to fix this to fix all of the subsequent affected versions). It's the cPickle from python under the utils/ipc.

The point is that I don't understand where the failure starts, because the Calibre bug only points to a code that if I try to do a print(function), actually is showing activity.

Code:

address = cPickle.loads(unhexlify(os.environ['CALIBRE_WORKER_ADDRESS']))
    key     = unhexlify(os.environ['CALIBRE_WORKER_KEY'])
    resultf = unhexlify(os.environ['CALIBRE_WORKER_RESULT']).decode('utf-8')
    with closing(Client(address, authkey=key)) as conn:
        name, args, kwargs, desc = eintr_retry_call(conn.recv)
It's like the pickle file that is generated is empty. So... I need to find what it does before, or what python function it uses to reach this to create a little demo that helps to find where ReactOS is failing.

Thanks you in advance.
julenuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is code that is run in worker processes. What is the actual error you are getting?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre 2.0, cpickle, fix, python, reactos