Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Valatar
Valatar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Changing the library view

I'm trying to trim my library view down from tons of pages without much luck so far. Does anyone know a way to have it only display categories instead of listing every book? For example, if I sort by author, I just want it to give me a list of author names that I can tap to then see the books from that author, I don't want it to list all of the dozen books from that author on the main library page!

It's a little irksome to have to page through a dozen pages of books to find everything, it sort of kills the point of sorting the books if you still have to go through scores of books to find the one you want!
Valatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Yep. That is an issue with K3, NT, and KT - no file system that you can use.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I agree that the library system on the touch is awful - even worse than on the classic. You can get some semblance of order by using shelves.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
I'm trying to trim my library view down from tons of pages without much luck so far. Does anyone know a way to have it only display categories instead of listing every book? For example, if I sort by author, I just want it to give me a list of author names that I can tap to then see the books from that author, I don't want it to list all of the dozen books from that author on the main library page!

It's a little irksome to have to page through a dozen pages of books to find everything, it sort of kills the point of sorting the books if you still have to go through scores of books to find the one you want!
if you are looking for a particular author or book just type it in the search box that's the best work around for now.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I have started using shelves to organise my library, even though it's still a relatively incomplete system (in particular, the lack of a "unshelved books" category).
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvyan View Post
I have started using shelves to organise my library, even though it's still a relatively incomplete system (in particular, the lack of a "unshelved books" category).
If it uses the same system as the nook color, which I think it does, then that's not entirely true so to speak.

When you pick any shelf and hit edit all the books already shelved on that one will have a check mark. Any unshelved books will have it's box unchecked.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
If it uses the same system as the nook color, which I think it does, then that's not entirely true so to speak.

When you pick any shelf and hit edit all the books already shelved on that one will have a check mark. Any unshelved books will have it's box unchecked.
Close, but not entirely what I had in mind. I would like to have one that organises ebooks in the way that shows which shelves they are on, and the option to filter out ebooks that are not on ANY shelves so we can make the necessary shelving.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvyan View Post
Close, but not entirely what I had in mind. I would like to have one that organises ebooks in the way that shows which shelves they are on, and the option to filter out ebooks that are not on ANY shelves so we can make the necessary shelving.
what I would do is go to the bn.com nook forum and there is usually a "wishlist" for features and such for the next update, throw it in there. the nook engineer's are pretty active on that board.