Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-16-2017, 02:52 AM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show

tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:55 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I don't remember there being a grape flavor. I only remember orange, and I didn't like it very much. Orange juice tasted much better.
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 04:22 AM   #48
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I don't remember there being a grape flavor. I only remember orange, and I didn't like it very much. Orange juice tasted much better.
I don't recall the grape flavor either, but then when my mom could get Tang for me at the store it was usually orange. I liked it myself.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:11 AM   #49
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I remember the grape flavor. As I recall, it tasted very "artificial" -- more so than even the orange flavor -- and didn't last long at our supermarkets.

Looks like it's still available, though: https://www.amazon.com/Tang-Drink-Gr.../dp/B001FA1KQC
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:38 AM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

Advert
Old 01-18-2017, 02:43 AM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-18-2017 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #52
jswinden
Nameless Being

Don't forget about Lost in Space...

Creepy show!

Quote:
And the award for worst television father ever goes to Will Robinson.

Last edited by jswinden; 01-18-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #53
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Silly Putty was right up there with the Slinky as two of my favorite toys from my early childhood (read: early to mid 1950s).
Silly Putty and Slinky were two toys that were fun for about five minutes. How many times could you watch a Slinky go downstairs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Don't forget about Lost in Space...

Creepy show!
The creepiest aspect was the incest one, if the Robinsons were to establish a space colony. Yuck.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #54
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Silly Putty and Slinky were two toys that were fun for about five minutes. How many times could you watch a Slinky go downstairs?

The creepiest aspect was the incest one, if the Robinsons were to establish a space colony. Yuck.
I think the idea was that other colonists would join them. Of course things didn't go to plan as they became lost in space.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:10 AM   #55
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:

Wham-O was sure a popular toy company way back then!
I loved the Super Ball, though it was easy to lose if you bounced it over your house. The name of the NFL championship, The Super Bowl, was inspired by it.

Wham-O also made the Frisbee, the Hula-Hoop, Silly String, and the Slip 'N' Slide.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #56
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I loved the Super Ball, though it was easy to lose if you bounced it over your house. The name of the NFL championship, The Super Bowl, was inspired by it.

Wham-O also made the Frisbee, the Hula-Hoop, Silly String, and the Slip 'N' Slide.
They had a lot of neat, yet inexpensive, toys for kids! I bet the frisbees we owned got more play time than most of the other toys combined. We played with frisbees well into our 20s. I think we tried the slip-n-slide once or twice, but it wasn't as much fun as we thought it would be. The hula hoop was difficult to master, even for a child. But we had fun trying.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:44 PM   #57
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
I think we tried the slip-n-slide once or twice, but it wasn't as much fun as we thought it would be.
We made our own version of a slip-n-slide, although at this point, I can't remember what-the-heck we would have made it from. My dad was always bringing odd things home from work (we had our own "log cabin" made from PVC piping, for example).

I seem to remember you had to be very careful to not have any sticks/twigs or other sharp things under the make-shift slip-n-slide or you'd hurt yourself.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #58
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

These were a big game when I was a kid.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

These were big when I was a kid in early to mid 60s:

Old 01-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #60
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
These were a big game when I was a kid.