Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Changing TL3 web browser's home page and font selection

I would like to know if it's possible to set a custom home page for the web browser app for FW 5.x. I found the following code from an older thread, and placed it in /applications/name.app but it only launches with an error:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
exec /ebrmain/bin/webbrowser.sh -platform PocketBook http://www.mayersche.de
Also, would be great to know how the web browser is reading fonts. My local library allows reading ebooks from a web browser, and this works pretty OK on TL3 except that, instead of a sans-serif font, it displays a serif font. This works fine on desktop browsers. I see that the page's css file refers to a font called Inter. I placed this in /system/fonts/ but the browser still displays a serif font.

1. Desktop browser
https://i.imgur.com/rJwPJRF.png

2. Pocketbook browser
https://i.imgur.com/d4dADXA.png

These are really quite minor things but would make my reading more enjoyable, and in the end less tempted to buy a new and better device. (It has lasted me 4 years already, let's see if I can make it 5!)
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:20 PM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Did you try?
Code:
#!/bin/sh
exec /ebrmain/bin/webbrowser.sh -platform PocketBook 'https://www.thalia.de'
You can try too:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/ebrmain/bin/openbook /ebrmain/bin/browser.app "https://www.thalia.de"

Last edited by nhedgehog; 11-05-2021 at 12:26 PM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2021, 04:24 PM   #3
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Thank you, nhedgehog. The second one worked.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
What errormessage did you get?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:59 PM   #5
Lykke
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
What errormessage did you get?
Using your first suggestion, the app menu closed but the app didn't start, no error message. With the code in the OP the message "error, could not launch" popped up (or something like that, it wasn't informative).
Advert
Old 11-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #6
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
A way which works for me is
Code:
browser_default_url=http://www.myfavouritewebsite.com
in /ext1/system/config/global.cfg
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote