Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Wallace, Edgar: The Daffodil Mystery. v1. 15 May 07

Here's some more Edgar Wallace for those who love thrillers. I don't have much informatin on this, except for the following from Amazon:

"The Daffodil Mystery (1920) is one of his classic mystery novels, full of devious twists and turns that will keep the reader guessing until the end!"

It's available from a lot of sites, but I thought I'd make it available for our favorite Reader.

PLEASE: If you find problems with this, let me know and I'll try to fix them.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Daffodil Mystery.lrf (299.5 KB, 1267 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-23-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Prefix
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just started reading one of your books, Don ("Trent's Last Case"). Just wanted to say how much I like the formatting. An excellent job!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Harry.

I want eveyone to know that I'm attempting to model my conversions after the wonderful work on the books you contribute. (Any problems, of course, I'm responsible for.) You've made the classics acessible and fun and the Reader the most prominent "book" on my bookshelf!

In fact, I'd like to say to all the members - and to the newcomers who may be visiting - that because of your contributions, you got ME interested in contributing "Reader-made" books, and in wanting to further my understanding of the subtle Zen characteristics of BookDesigner.

Thanks, Harry.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Here, here! What a perfect way to put it... "You've made the classics acessible and fun and the Reader the most prominent "book" on my bookshelf!" Great job Harry, and all who are contributing.

I'm ecstatic about these books for the Reader. Just when I had convinced myself that the text in any form is good enough, these books prove to me that I really do care what it looks like. And I'm more excited about reading the classics than ever before.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Don,

PG have just released a significantly revised version of this book. Would you like to "upgrade" your version, or shall I do a version myself? Happy to do either - whatever suits you best!
Advert
Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I like the uniformity you've created with the handling of Edgar Wallace titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hi Don,

PG have just released a significantly revised version of this book. Would you like to "upgrade" your version, or shall I do a version myself? Happy to do either - whatever suits you best!

If you don't mind - and if it won't take too much out of your own time for the other titles that you are working on - then it would be great if you did it due to the uniform "look" you've created with all of Edgar Wallace's titles.

I also don't mind you deleting my version. That would be fine with me.

Thanks,
Don
Old 07-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Happy to do it!

Are you sure that you want your version deleting? Nice to give people the choice. Whatever suits you.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I'll leave it up to you.

Seriously, it makes no difference....

In fact, regarding chocies, I find that I HAVE to make links for Moby Dick...I lie sleepless at night, dreaming of links, wanting links, needing links. I write imaginary emails wherein the links respond to me. Imagine, if you will, a world where one is unable to jump from Chapter IV directly back to the CONTENTS page of a book!!!????

I would marry a link if I could find one.

Ok - you can leave mine.

Don
Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've done the revised version. Available here.