Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
nivekkumar
nivekkumar began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
Angry Latest Firmware 5.12.3

Hey guys, its my first post and also my first day to own a kindle. As you can see on the heading, i am currently on 5.12.3 and as my research went I am not able to root , neither I am able to rollback or are there some updates (all the posts I read were from September)? If not is there any hope that in anytime I will be able to root ? Kind regards
nivekkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivekkumar View Post
Hey guys, its my first post and also my first day to own a kindle. As you can see on the heading, i am currently on 5.12.3 and as my research went I am not able to root , neither I am able to rollback or are there some updates (all the posts I read were from September)? If not is there any hope that in anytime I will be able to root ? Kind regards
You cannot jailbreak and there is no idea if that will ever become possible.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2020, 06:00 PM   #3
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
If you are willing to open the case and connect wires to tiny pads, you can use the internal serial port to jailbreak. See the thread below.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You cannot jailbreak and there is no idea if that will ever become possible.
See above.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #4
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
please read the first post of the "Open Sesame!" sticky thread.

TL;DR: No.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:40 AM   #5
nivekkumar
nivekkumar began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
If you are willing to open the case and connect wires to tiny pads, you can use the internal serial port to jailbreak. See the thread below.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541

See above.
I can't find any usb which delivers to Germany. Could you help me in finding the correct port?
nivekkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #6
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I can't find any usb which delivers to Germany. Could you help me in finding the correct port?
Sorry, but I can not. I have never had an adapter and have never done a serial jail break myself. You can try asking in the serial jail break thread about how to obtain an adapter.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 01:17 PM   #7
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
https://www.digikey.de/product-detai...644-ND/5975010
Note the .de
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:06 AM   #8
mdauso
mdauso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hello nivekkumar,

I successfully rooted a Kindle Paperwhite 2 by using the serial adapter method.
You can by one at Amazon.de:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gruß, Mario
mdauso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:00 PM   #9
mbrisco
mbrisco has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauso View Post
Hello nivekkumar,

I successfully rooted a Kindle Paperwhite 2 by using the serial adapter method.
You can by one at Amazon.de:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gruß, Mario
Was the PW2 on 5.12.2? I'm going to attempt it as well. Can you downgrade the firmware to 5.11 once jailbroken to avoid the forced updates?

EDIT: Successfully downgraded using https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272132

Last edited by mbrisco; 01-14-2020 at 07:25 AM.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:38 AM   #10
mdauso
mdauso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hello mbrisco,

it was and it still is on 5.12.2, but I see you´re already done. Perfect.

Mario
mdauso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
latest version, paperwhite 3, rollback, rooting