Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #16
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roker2 View Post
So, I built KOReader toolchain, remake makefile, but I have the same error.
Code:
/home/dmitry/x-tools/arm-kindlepw2-linux-gnueabi/arm-kindlepw2-linux-gnueabi/include/c++/7.4.1/arm-kindlepw2-linux-gnueabi/bits/os_defines.h:39:10: fatal error: features.h: No such file or directory
 #include <features.h>
https://github.com/Roker2/blocks/blo...8/Makefile#L15
It seems that you are not including (no pun intended) the required include files.
If not otherwise specified, then the compiler (gcc) will default to /usr/include - which is where your HOST system files exist not necessarily where your TARGET system files exist.
Note: "not necessarily" means that in some cases, the file contents are identical on HOST and TARGET systems, some are not, so just use the ones that are supplied for your TARGET system.

Your favorite web search utility can lead you to zillions of cross-compiling "how to" articles. It is not something usually handled by this forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Not true in this instance, ct-ng setups the default sysroot/include dirs properly without needing any hoop-jumping.

(You *DO* need to update include dirs for non-sysroot stuff, obviously, but that's not (yet) the issue here ).

I have no idea what's going wonky in your setup, but something is obviously off *somewhere*.

I'd try again from scratch in a Debian VM.

(EDIT: Oh, wait, see next answer: what you're doing wrong is obvious: don't pass --sysroot ;p).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-07-2020 at 01:04 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2020, 12:58 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Oh, I was referring to the features.h failure, while @knc1 was talking about the curses failure . Oops ^^.

So, to recap:

* As you've found out, and as my previous message explained: DO NOT pass --sysroot to the compiler. You're more likely to get it wrong than anything, and it isn't needed with a ct-ng TC anyway.

* As @knc1 mentioned, you need to cross-build the full dependency tree, install it in a common staging location (which you can see as another "sysroot"), and update your *FLAGS to pass include/lib locations to the compiler & linker (i.e, something along the lines of -I/blah/blah/include in CPPFLAGS (or CFLAGS for broken buildsystems) and -L/blah/blah/lib in LDFLAGS). Or help build-systems do that themselves (that may include, in the generally easiest of cases, just pointing pkg-config to your staging sysroot; or, in the worst cases, dealing with inane hoop-jumping for "next-generation" buildsystems like CMake & Meson).

Do follow @knc1's suggestion and try to find sane information about all this, because it is generally NOT trivial (it ought to, and seems to in theory, but is often not in practice).

You can see my various rants about all of this all over the place in the x-compile.sh script...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-07-2020 at 01:04 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #19
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Do follow @knc1's suggestion and try to find sane information about all this, because it is generally NOT trivial (it ought to, and seems to in theory, but is often not in practice).

You can see my rants about all of this all over the place in the x-compile.sh script...
In theory, theory and practice are the same, in practice, they are not.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:19 PM   #20
Roker2
PW->PW3
Roker2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 1/3
Yeeees, I understanded it.
I need to build ncurses for arm.
Roker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
c++