Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #286
flaviolira
flaviolira began at the beginning.

Device: KPW 1 / KPW 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yeah, I did that too (on my long ago brief test of Kindlelazy). It's quite an experience, trying to revert your screen when all the buttons are not where they are displayed to be!!
Haha, yep! Great hand-eye coordination practice! 😅
flaviolira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #287
flaviolira

Oh, and just to briefly add to my previous reply: I don't have knowledge in programming. Usually do pretty well following recipes and all, but can't really get into the code... thanks!

I'd be happy to pay if someone would sell jailbroken kindles ready to go with KindleLazy installed. Those would sell like hotcakes ��!
Advert
Old 01-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #288
flaviolira

Hi katadelos, and/or anyone else that might be able to help a fellow lazy kindler out!

So, I was able to confirm that the kernel on my PW1 is of an earlier version than the PW3. I just wanted to kindly ask if there's any possible hope to get KindleLazy working on a PW1 without getting deep into the coding of the app, or not.

The main reason is that then I can give up on this fun little project and know that I did all I could I enjoyed learning about Kindle jailbreaking, and will be hoping Amazon decides to have built-in bluetooth input functionality in their future kindles (I'm a very hopeful person sometimes...)

Thanks so much!

Below is the response I got when I queried the kernel version after SSHing into my PW1.

Linux kindle 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 #1 Thu Nov 29 23:37:38 PST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
Old 01-09-2020, 05:44 PM   #289
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaviolira View Post
Hi katadelos, and/or anyone else that might be able to help a fellow lazy kindler out!

So, I was able to confirm that the kernel on my PW1 is of an earlier version than the PW3. I just wanted to kindly ask if there's any possible hope to get KindleLazy working on a PW1 without getting deep into the coding of the app, or not.

The main reason is that then I can give up on this fun little project and know that I did all I could I enjoyed learning about Kindle jailbreaking, and will be hoping Amazon decides to have built-in bluetooth input functionality in their future kindles (I'm a very hopeful person sometimes...)

Thanks so much!

Below is the response I got when I queried the kernel version after SSHing into my PW1.

Linux kindle 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 #1 Thu Nov 29 23:37:38 PST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
It's probably possible to get KindleLazy running on your device but it would likely be a tedious process that would involve some work on your part.

The most important thing that you need to work out is whether your powered USB hub is detected by your Kindle.

If it is, then we might be able to help you to compile KindleLazy from source. The issue that you've got is that the release version of KindleLazy contains binaries and kernel modules that are against different libc and kernel versions to your PW1, meaning that the program will fail to run.

Kernel modules are relatively simple to compile for different Kindle models but the KindleLazy binaries themselves seem to require a bunch of X11 header files that you'd need to get hold of. You'd also need to pull some shared libraries from your Kindle.

2 things to try (if you're still interested in running it on your PW1):
  • Plug your USB hub into your Kindle and check the output from dmesg
  • Run the shell scripts in KindleLazy/bin from an SSH session and show us the output
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #290
Bijant
Bijant began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
tried out most recent release on PW4. It works :-)
Bijant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2020, 05:42 PM   #291
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijant View Post
woah really? i have a jailbroken PW4. which pointer did you get? and how did you install it?
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #292
arooni
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
Hi, here is KindleLazy 0.5

You can turn pages and alter brightness via a device like a keyboard.
I use a wireless 'presenter', it sends keys like page up, page down etc.
I specifically use this product: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SYK18T0

Github page - https://github.com/llakssz/KindleLazy/
Download from - https://github.com/llakssz/KindleLazy/releases
question: where can i pick up the wireless presenter you recommend? your amazon link doesn't work anymore and couldn't find anything on your github about compatible products.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #293
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
question: where can i pick up the wireless presenter you recommend? your amazon link doesn't work anymore and couldn't find anything on your github about compatible products.
This one would probably work, considering that it's almost identical to the one in the original amazon link.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:01 PM   #294
arooni
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
This one would probably work, considering that it's almost identical to the one in the original amazon link.
From the images it looks like it uses a regular usb nub to make it wireless. The Kindle PW 4 has only a micro usb port; so how would this work? an adapter of some sort?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Ok on page 1 of the thread it talks about adapters. I get that.

But most importantly, would Koreader be supported with this? If not, I'm not sure I'm interested (such a picky ereader person I'm becoming lolzz)

Last edited by arooni; 01-23-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:03 PM   #295
flaviolira

Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
It's probably possible to get KindleLazy running on your device but it would likely be a tedious process that would involve some work on your part.

The most important thing that you need to work out is whether your powered USB hub is detected by your Kindle.

If it is, then we might be able to help you to compile KindleLazy from source. The issue that you've got is that the release version of KindleLazy contains binaries and kernel modules that are against different libc and kernel versions to your PW1, meaning that the program will fail to run.

Kernel modules are relatively simple to compile for different Kindle models but the KindleLazy binaries themselves seem to require a bunch of X11 header files that you'd need to get hold of. You'd also need to pull some shared libraries from your Kindle.

2 things to try (if you're still interested in running it on your PW1):
  • Plug your USB hub into your Kindle and check the output from dmesg
  • Run the shell scripts in KindleLazy/bin from an SSH session and show us the output
Hi katadelos,

Thanks for all your help, but I decided to throw the towel here...

Since I had messed something up and it wasn't even letting me SSH via USB at this point, I was probably going to have to go back to factory settings, jailbreak one more time, to then try to SSH via wi-fi (which is where I stopped) to then be able to check if it was finally detecting the usb hub, and I think I run out of steam there. It was fun to get a bit into the guts of the PW, but I think I'll just wait for a miracle when the Kindle team takes the important decision of allowing Kindle to accept Bluetooth input...

I really appreciate all the attention you gave, and wish you all the best!
Old 01-28-2020, 11:57 PM   #296
r 15305233
r 15305233 began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Does someone have a success story of this working for KT3? Or did we rule out that it's not possible? I read through all the posts and I didn't see a clear answer.

Thanks!
r 15305233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #297
arooni
Addict

Any chance this will ever work for bluetooth mice? I already have a couple of those laying around and would prefer that over a the wireless usb plugin thing.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #298
banid0
banid0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijant View Post
Hello,

I have a PW4 jailbroken on 5.10.1.3 in airplane mode to not update.
I have KUAL installed and kindlelazy only.

I insert the USB receiver of the pointer with the adapter USB to micro USB and after this I start kindle lazy and it doesn't work, doesn't flip pages or change the brightness.

This setup already worked in the past, the presenter and the USB adapter.
I am not sure if in the PW4 or the previous PW3 I had.
The presenter and the adapter are working, I tried both on an android phone and imediately got it working, even air mouse option.

Can you please help me?
Having KUAL launching if 100% working jailbreak right? Or it might not be correctly installed and still launching?
O extracted the KindleLazy to the extensions folder, and its menu appear in KUAL.

Am I doing somethjing wrong?
I already got this working in the past, I just don't remember if it was working in the PW4 or just in the PW3.

EDIT: If I choose the upside down screen, it does just that, it upsides the screen down. So I assume both KUAL and kindlelazy are working.
What's missing?

Last edited by banid0; 08-09-2020 at 09:00 AM.
banid0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #299
banid0
banid0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
OK I have been reading the entire thread to get some ideas. I have some more additional information.
My presenter has a blue light that gets blinking while it’s looking for the receiver. As soon as it pairs, the blue light stops the blinking. If I press a button it lights blue and the light gets off when I release the button. This is the behavior I found while connected to the PC.
With the presenter in the kindle, it never stops the blinking, so I assume it doesn’t find the receiver because the Kindle isn’t powering the receiver.
Why it isn’t powering the receiver? Is there something I can do?
banid0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:23 PM   #300
arooni
Addict

Has anyone gotten this working on a Paperwhite 4 with KOReader?

Tags
remote, remote control