Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #721
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
PSA

New members can use the thread in the feedback forum below to request early PM privileges.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #722
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@thmPedro: KT4 != PW4 .

When in doubt, the sticky is canonical.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #723
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmPedro View Post
I'm still confused.
The thread you mentioned doesn't mention the 5.11.2 as jail breakable,

. . . .
it's all very unclear?
The first post of the thread I posted does not mention 5.11.2 as jail breakable on a PW4 because it is not.
That should not be confusing.
Not listed equals not jail breakable.
If the situation for any device/firmware combination changes, that first post will also be changed.

If some other thread here mentioned something different, then it would be up there among the sticky threads.
Since it is not definitive, it isn't displayed as more specific than the sticky threads are.

Last edited by knc1; 12-25-2019 at 04:09 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #724
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The first post of the thread I posted does not mention 5.11.2 as jail breakable on a PW4 because it is not.
That should not be confusing.
Not listed equals not jail breakable.
If the situation for any device/firmware combination changes, that first post will also be changed.
Ah, I'm actually helping with PW4 JB > 5.10.1.3 but via PM only given how anti-JB the firmware updates have been of late.

It's the same method we discussed via PM around August/September.

PSA

I might be able to help with jailbreak for the waterproof PW4/Paperwhite 4/Paperwhite (2018)/Paperwhite (10th generation) only.

Those interested, please PM me with the following details about your device:
  1. First 12 characters of serial number (gives us the HW model, revision and manufacture date)
  2. Country
  3. Retailer/Store
  4. Color
  5. Storage
  6. with or without Special Offers
  7. Wi-Fi or Cellular
  8. FW version and stock or updated?
Thanks!

Note:
If you're unable to send PMs, you can use the thread in the feedback forum below to request PM privileges.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-01-2020 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:14 AM   #725
hius07
Evangelist
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
G001 6T02 9452 - 5.12.1 (3552180044)
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #726
hius07
Evangelist
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

G001 6T02 9437 - 5.12.1

G001 6T02 9453 - 5.12.1

Last edited by hius07; 01-06-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #727
CarlosMC
CarlosMC began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW3
serial number: G000 PP12 9297
Retailer/Store: Amazon USA
Color: Black
Storage: 8G
with Special Offers (but disabled via Chat Support / Not used in Chile)
Wi-Fi
FW: came with 5.10.3, new updated to 5.12.3 (by mistake I forgot to disable wifi)

any chance to get JB? I just missing the screensaver hack and the terminal
CarlosMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:27 AM   #728
hius07
Evangelist

G001 6T02 9442 - 5.12.1
Old 01-15-2020, 12:56 PM   #729
dhdurgee
Fanatic
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Just did the JB thanks to ilovejedd of my certified refurbished PW4 with FW 5.10.3 on arrival.

I installed the hotfix update. My understanding is that I next need to switch back to customer FW. I know that 5.12.x is EVIL, so I assume the appropriate FW to install will be the last 5.11.x available for the PW4. Do we maintain a list of all FW versions by platform somewhere? If not, can someone please tell me the appropriate version to install? Thanks in advance for all the great work here.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:02 PM   #730
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I installed the hotfix update. My understanding is that I next need to switch back to customer FW. I know that 5.12.x is EVIL, so I assume the appropriate FW to install will be the last 5.11.x available for the PW4. Do we maintain a list of all FW versions by platform somewhere? If not, can someone please tell me the appropriate version to install? Thanks in advance for all the great work here.
We don't but Amazon does. Just copy the official download link for your model from Amazon and replace the numbers with the version you want.

I prefer to stick to 5.10.1.3 on mine (for disinfectable KFX DRM purposes).

The update.bin.tmp.partial folder blocker no longer works on 5.11.x but SKIP_UPDATE_CHECK file blocker (somewhere in /var/local) still works. The KUAL Helper add-on has a Prevent OTA Update menu option that creates both blockers.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:14 PM   #731
hius07
Evangelist

I would also recommend customer 5.10.1.3
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...2_5.10.1.3.bin
It allows auto update blocking and you will always be able to install initial factory 5.10.1.3 to restore jb if lost.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:32 PM   #732
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
5.10.x >> 5.11.x >>>> 5.12.x
Junket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #733
dhdurgee
Fanatic
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Very well, I am installing 5.10.1.3 here as well. Given unanimous recommendation against a later release I am content to remain at this FW level as well.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:39 PM   #734
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Here are some of the features added in recent Kindle firmware releases for those interested:
  • 5.10.1 Save multiple sets of reading settings
  • 5.10.2 Enhanced DRM for KFX format (unbroken)
  • 5.11.2 Kindle User's Guide 11th Edition
  • 5.12.1 Read from "before you go" screen
  • 5.12.2 Read Now from the store and for KU/Prime Reading, No widows/orphans in KFX
  • 5.12.3 Library badges for Prime and KU books, KFX widows/orphans controlled by publisher
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #735
hius07
Evangelist

New model not listed in the wiki.
G001 6Q02 9317
Twilight Blue Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi, 32GB

Tags
jailbreak, pw4