Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #1
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Is there a quick way to update title-sort?

I saved about 85 books to disc so that their titles (both file name and metadata name) begins with the year of publication followed by the book title.

As in "1920 The Mysterious Affair....."

I then reimported them to calibre.

Now the title-sort is wrong (for me) because it just has the old book title without the date.

Is there a quick way to globally update the title-sort field?
cager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cager View Post
I saved about 85 books to disc so that their titles (both file name and metadata name) begins with the year of publication followed by the book title.

As in "1920 The Mysterious Affair....."

I then reimported them to calibre.

Now the title-sort is wrong (for me) because it just has the old book title without the date.

Is there a quick way to globally update the title-sort field?
I think you want to update the Title field?

If that is correct, the Title_sort should be green in the metadata editor window.

If it is NOT green, Select all books, Tap 'E' to open the Metadata editor (bulk Mode), Tick the box: Automatically set Author Sort: click OK
That recomputes those

BTW the Open With Plugin has a whole menu devoted to finding Metadata issues.
Run a check: Select all Results: perform the fix on just THOSE.
Note: some fixes may need another PI to accomplish in bulk
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2014, 04:34 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If the problem is in the import perhaps uncheck the box preferences>adding books>Read metadata from contents and import them again.

Then again I might be misunderstanding the problem.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:13 AM   #4
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Thanks the ducks and speaingtohe.

The title field is how I want it but the title-sort field is red.

Food for thought and some more experimenting needed by me. I have more to do on other books.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cager View Post
Thanks the ducks and speaingtohe.

The title field is how I want it but the title-sort field is red.

Food for thought and some more experimenting needed by me. I have more to do on other books.
Theducks bulk edit solution will work perfectly.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
cager
Connoisseur

Thanks speakingtohe.

As theducks suggested I went to bulk edit metadata and lo and behold on the tab "basic metadata" there is a tick box "update title sort" - and it worked fine.

Just never saw that tab before - always opened on the search and replace tab.

A true "Duh" moment