Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
mfowler413
mfowler413 doesn't littermfowler413 doesn't litter

Device: BeBook Neo, Kindle 3, Kobo Original
NEO Software August 2011

New software for the NEO is available on the mybebook site. August 2011 version.
mfowler413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Thanks, mfowler413!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
Ute
Ute began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook, Kindle
website says they

* Added English dictionary.
* Added Low Battery Warning.
* Automatically disable booting when the battery does not have a sufficient power level (to avoid halting during start up procedure)
* Selection of preferred program for opening files, if multiple programs are present.

Bug Fixes or Improvements

* Improved battery life.
* Several translation updates, multiple languages.
* Screen update for playing list.
* The contents of SD cards are now displayed correctly when inserted.

Sounds promising...

Ute
Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Strange. When I unpack the update file I don't see the English dictionary they promise.
The option to select a preferred program was already there (well, at least it was in the April Onyx firmware I'm using).
I don't use playlists and I never saw the contents of an SD card displayed incorrectly.
That leaves merely the power management improvements, which are probably not that significant. They've been improving that for so long now that there is probably not much left to gain.
And finally, the .upd file is date June 29. Why not a more recent version?
So, I don't think it sounds that promising.

Last edited by Zetmolm; 08-25-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
dtnguyen
dtnguyen is on a distinguished road

Device: Treo 650
Thank you very much for the info. I will update my Neo now
dtnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
And finally, the .upd file is date June 29.

If installed, in the about-section it reads: "Firmware Version: 1.5.1 20110629"
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote