Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
NickRead957
NickRead957 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy tabpro s
Calibre, saving screen settings before screen rotation

have a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S.
I like to read in portrait mode.
after reading some of a book, i close the program.

but then I might put tablet in Landscape mode, and use some on screen editing, etc. I may open calibre to look at books, etc, the lists.
BUT, when opening in landscape, it changes teh book viewing settings, so that if I go back to PORTRAIT mode, i hve to re-adjust screen, etc.

WHAT settings (folder, files) can I save, after exiting portrait, so that the next time I start portrait (assume i did not edit books, etc, in landscape, but may have opened something up and then closed it), I can RE-LOAD those files/folders, and be reight back where I was after teh last PORTRAIT exit (thus ignoring anything that got visibly changed in landscape)

thanks for help
NickRead957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRead957 View Post
have a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S.
I like to read in portrait mode.
after reading some of a book, i close the program.

but then I might put tablet in Landscape mode, and use some on screen editing, etc. I may open calibre to look at books, etc, the lists.
BUT, when opening in landscape, it changes teh book viewing settings, so that if I go back to PORTRAIT mode, i hve to re-adjust screen, etc.

WHAT settings (folder, files) can I save, after exiting portrait, so that the next time I start portrait (assume i did not edit books, etc, in landscape, but may have opened something up and then closed it), I can RE-LOAD those files/folders, and be reight back where I was after teh last PORTRAIT exit (thus ignoring anything that got visibly changed in landscape)

thanks for help
Are you using windows tablet mode or windows pc mode? Only when using pc mode do I have to make changes to the window size, in tablet mode do not have to do any manual changes.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
NickRead957

i am not sure, i am getting used to the settings. When in portrait mode, the screen looks good, but if I happen to go to landscape, and happen to open the book, it sets new screen size, and then when i go to portrait, i have to re-adjust the book page view. I want to SAVE the config files that relate to the screen display, so that upon exiting portrait i can save them (I can create a batch file), and when i restart portrait i can reload them
Old 03-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
i am not sure, i am getting used to the settings. When in portrait mode, the screen looks good, but if I happen to go to landscape, and happen to open the book, it sets new screen size, and then when i go to portrait, i have to re-adjust the book page view. I want to SAVE the config files that relate to the screen display, so that upon exiting portrait i can save them (I can create a batch file), and when i restart portrait i can reload them
Make sure you do all your reading using tablet mode.
Quote:
Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen (rather than in windows) and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu. If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. However, if you want to switch between Tablet and Desktop modes manually, stick with Desktop mode even on a tablet or avoid the prompt and have it switch to tablet mode automatically, you can change the settings.
http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/en...ode-windows-10

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:46 AM   #5
NickRead957

thanks for reply
i tried the tablet mode; but then the reading pane is too big. i like the desktop mode, for calibre, i have the window set for a good reading size.
i'd still like to know which file should be saved, that has that screen setting, so in case i screw it up, it is easy to revert to the prior settings.
again, thanks
Old 03-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
i'd still like to know which file should be saved, that has that screen setting, so in case i screw it up, it is easy to revert to the prior settings again
For the viewer try viewer.json in the calibre configuration folder, which can be found via Preferences->Miscellaneous in the main GUI (library manager)

Make sure the viewer is closed before you copy it.

There's no guarantees you wont break something when you change things in the config folder (it's a collection of loosely related objects). So before you start trying things I suggest: close all calibre components - library manager, viewer, editor, server and anything else from the calibre install folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Calibre2) then take a backup of the entire calibre configuration folder. Just zip the entire directory and put it somewhere safe.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #7
NickRead957

thanks for the reply, and not a problem, for the backups - i have it backed up across three drives, and into the cloud, so i can easily recover if needed
Old 03-18-2017, 09:09 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
thanks for the reply, and not a problem, for the backups - i have it backed up across three drives, and into the cloud, so i can easily recover if needed
- I guessed you might.

But for the benefit of others who read the thread in six months time its always worth stating the obvious.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote