Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #61
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I think the Cybook ocean is deficient, disappointing, and defective:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/1...ing-defective/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #62
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I think the Cybook ocean is deficient, disappointing, and defective:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/1...ing-defective/
I think that you're kind of harsh.
Though accurate on the ocean's problems.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:57 AM   #63
MiuMiu
Enthusiast
MiuMiu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Not harsh - very realistic, from someone who has actually had this device in their hands.

I was curious what the Youtube reviews of this e-reader would be like. Goodereader had a review of the Ocean frontlight saying that this is one of the better e-readers currently on the market (?!). Not a word about how the letters are not black at all, how the screen is grey instead of white and how the frontlight is much poorer than with other new e-reader models.

When I posted my own experience with this e-reader and asked them why they think this is a good e-reader, they promptly deleted my post even though there were no inappropriate words in my post or anything. I did point out the shortcomings of the e-reader, though. So much for their self-proclaimed objectivity in reviewing...

Btw, it took Bookeen more than two weeks and several e-mails to refund me for the returned product. I am not going to buy anything from this company again.
MiuMiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #64
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiuMiu View Post
Not harsh - very realistic, from someone who has actually had this device in their hands.

I was curious what the Youtube reviews of this e-reader would be like. Goodereader had a review of the Ocean frontlight saying that this is one of the better e-readers currently on the market (?!). Not a word about how the letters are not black at all, how the screen is grey instead of white and how the frontlight is much poorer than with other new e-reader models.

When I posted my own experience with this e-reader and asked them why they think this is a good e-reader, they promptly deleted my post even though there were no inappropriate words in my post or anything. I did point out the shortcomings of the e-reader, though. So much for their self-proclaimed objectivity in reviewing...

Btw, it took Bookeen more than two weeks and several e-mails to refund me for the returned product. I am not going to buy anything from this company again.
They posted their review after only 3 days. I waited two weeks. I think we can tell the difference.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #65
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Just to note that all eInk screens have a grey background. None is white.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #66
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
True. But by today's e-ink standard, the ocean's screen is gray indeed. I didn't need my colleague's inkpad next to it to see.

The inkpad had seam slower in the menu and all. But quite reactive with pdf. (zooming in/out is less a pain on the inkpad than the odyssey.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #67
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
You are very lucky to have gotten a refund. Bookeen deleted my support ticket and ignored me.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:59 AM   #68
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I don't understand that after two years of work (did they really work two year on this product?) the software (it's same for the Beta on the Odyssey) have changed that much?

The webbrowser show the exact same interface with the exact same bugs, the main reading interface is just a small lifting of the previous interface with the exact same problems (for exemple, there is no way to know where we are on a really long menu, like the Font Menu, and they tryed to mask it, but the horrible scroll is still there)

The new Library interface is just a mess, constantly taking you to the menu with collection/new/.../folders even when you left it in a specific view, this is really annoying. At least, folder get back to the latest folder you were..

The menu access is still a pain with the 5 buttons on the bottom, and not consistant as to access some parameters you need to go back to the Home screen ("advanced" settings, device information in the About screen, interface orientation,...) you must leave what you were doing to access these.

In fact the menu havent change from the previous Odyssey firmware to the Muse/Ocean/Beta firmware.

The interface also is inconsistant on what it display.

The Home/Library screen should always display the 5 button on the bottom (the thing that display when you presse the home button for the first time)

and the Home button pressing logic is broken
First -> button bar
Second -> equivalent to press the Menu on the button bar (but this menu depends on where you are
Third -> close button bar AND the menu

Long press will also display the button bar, then the "frontlight" menu Why?

Why not just activate/deactive the frontlight without bothering displaying both interface?

The "new" upper bar is just a wast of space, it display nothing useful, at least display time/date of anything that could be usefull, but this nearly empty bar is just... useless..

I just found a new thing, the "menu" for the library is just a plain old Gen3/Opus/Orizon style menu that display on the middle on the screen... with... just ONE entry: "Search"

WTF? Who design this?

I'm disapointed that two years of "work" just led to this... somewhat reskined interface with no real new features...

The note feature is still unuseable as a one line entry interface...

I'm sorry for the guys who worked on the software but and who made the decision, but with a two year delay we can expect much more than this.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote