Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Why does the EFF insist on acting like a bunch of idjits?

Apple Bans App from App Store for Bad Word

Which was just a big setup by the EFF to begin with.

Now, I don't like banning apps. In fact, I agree with most the positions the EFF has taken. But why do they have to keep acting like a bunch of morons? Do they not realize their parody (and honestly, it's crap for parody) is just making them (and thus the cause) look bad? They did something else or said something else recently that was also just... terrible. I can't quite remember what it was, though. I'm even all for good satire but this was pathetic!

Issues become undercut all the time by having ridiculous people advocating them. Those ridiculous people become the example of the position and it ends up hurting the issue in the eyes of the public.

These are important issues... and we have D-list comics as the spokespeople.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
these are how aps are added too the app store.

its rejected from apple. there is a public outrage, and then BAM, its approved after further review.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
yes, but this app was MADE to be rejected from the app store. I agree it is crap, and I agree that their testers are almost certainly idiots but making a "f--- you" video? Really?

It's just childish. It's not even clever.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I guess it's done on the principle that "there's no such thing as bad publicity".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote