Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-26-2015, 01:05 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Help setting up Lenovo TAB 2 A7 please

This was probably not a good title, since I'm not at all sure my problem is due to the Lenovo, but bear with me please.

I had a Nexus 7, and was able to install and use calibre companion on it, and download ebooks from calibre and read them with Mantano. The Nexus 7 died, and I got a Lenovo tablet yesterday. I was able to set it up, and can download free apps and games. But whenever I try to buy calibre companion (or anything else costing money) from the Play Store I get a message that the purchase is refused, followed soon after by a message from PayPal that a refund has been made.

I've spend several hours bouncing between Google and PayPal trying to reach a human being who can tell me what mistake I've made, but without the slightest success. Can anyone tell me how to find someone to answer questions, or make any suggestions as to what I have done wrong?

Until I get this problem fixed is there another way to download ebooks from the internet to the tablet without going through calibre companion?.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 01:12 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Until I get this problem fixed is there another way to download ebooks from the internet to the tablet without going through calibre companion?.
Put them on a cloud service such as DropBox and download them through the services app or through the web browser?

I'm assuming you've registered the Lenovo to the same Google account you had the Nexus registered to? If so then you should already have CC available to download, you shouldn't need to repurchase it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2015, 04:43 AM   #3
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Strange, I got the same tablet and didn't had any problems with the play store. As AnemicOak said, your purchases should still be there.
If you don't get it resolved on the holidays , but need cc right now, you could try buying it through the amazon app.

Last edited by dickloraine; 12-26-2015 at 04:45 AM.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:09 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Put them on a cloud service such as DropBox and download them through the services app or through the web browser?

I'm assuming you've registered the Lenovo to the same Google account you had the Nexus registered to? If so then you should already have CC available to download, you shouldn't need to repurchase it.
I think the problem may be that I registered to a different account. Now I'm struggling with Google to change to a different account. The other important part of my problem is that although I can by free apps I can't get Paypal to recognise me when I go through Google. In fact I don't know for sure whether the problem is with Google or PayPal.

I'll probably have to delete the account and start over. As long as I can get CC I don't care if I have to pay for it.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have a Lenovo Tab 2 10" and it's Wifi is very iffy at best. Just this morning I transferred a few video files to it. I first tried doing it with ES File Manager and the Wifi wouldn't stay connected long enough to finish a file. Then I used Portal and finally made it after several failed attempts. This is pretty normal for this tablet. I've had it for months and it's always like this.

I mostly use it for watching videos and it's really great for that so I put up with the bad Wifi, but if it was a general purpose tablet I'd have given up on it long ago.

I've read reviews of this thing on Amazon and it seems this is a fairly common problem. I don't know that your 7" one has the same problem but it's something to think about.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I've read reviews of this thing on Amazon and it seems this is a fairly common problem. I don't know that your 7" one has the same problem but it's something to think about.

Barry
Thanks, Barry

I had some concerns about WiFi initially, but don't seem to have any problems with WiFi now. So I don't think that's a big part of the problem. I have a couple of other projects going now, so I'll put the Lenovo aside for a while and try again later.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:04 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard

I thought people might like to know how the problem turned out - it's fixed, but I have no idea how or why. I spent some time one night vaguely clicking on everything available in settings with the vague idea of setting the Lenovo back to new and starting over. Then I realised I was reading Nexus help material - my previous tablet was a Nexus 7 but it died. After that I can buy things from Play Apps and pay through PayPal without any problem. I now have calibre complanion - for free - and have used it to download ebooks.

It may of course only be a coincidence that Google seems to thing I'm still using the Nexus.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:38 PM   #8
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
How can I transfer books from my Nexus 10 to my new Acer Tablet? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote