Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-02-2024, 12:14 PM   #1
Tamutka
Tamutka began at the beginning.

Device: SAmsung 5e
ReadEra decoding error

Hi,
I have ReadEra reader on my ANdroid tablet and I am very satisfied with it.
But now a problem arose. I started converting pdf books to ePub using the Tipar PDF converter program. The product is fine, but not recognized by ReadEra. It is recognized by Pocket Book on Android and Calibre on PC. The error it reports is the following:
RE vPREM+GPS+GLOBAL+24.01.05+1930R
HOURS V24.01,05+0000+MAINR
SQLite DB vl 09
Build: RELEASE
Is there any way I can fix this error?
Thank you!
Tamutka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 02:40 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you reported this issue to ReadEra's developers? They are the most likely to be able to fix the issue. Ditto for informing the Tipard PDF converter developers.

Otherwise, I would suggest using calibre to convert your PDFs to ePub but, in my opinion, PDF is a lousy format to convert from.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 09:51 PM   #3
Tamutka
Tamutka began at the beginning.

Device: SAmsung 5e
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I notified the ReadEra developers but they didn't reply. I informed Tipard, but given that the book is visible in certain applications, it is most likely not a problem in the Tipard program. I convert in a variety of ways, from Calibre to Tipard and Sigil. The product is not perfect, but since it is only for home use, it still works. I must add the following: if I first convert the pdf to html using Tipard and then convert it to epub in Sigil, this epub is recognized by ReadEra. Complicated all together :-)
Tamutka is offline   Reply With Quote