Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Calibre book lookup on Goodreads

Hello.
I revamped my Calibre install a while back and noticed I can't seem to find how to right click on a book and be able to have it open the book info page on Goodreads. I thought this might have been functionality from a plugin, but I checked the two Goodreads plugins listed and neither seems to offer this option. Am I missing a configuration somewhere?

Thanks!
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I have the "Goodreads" plugin installed (as opposed to "Goodreads Sync") and if I right click on the book there's a "Goodreads" menu for the plugin. Under that there's a "Linked book" menu and from there there's a "View linked book" item which opens the Goodreads page for that book in a browser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goodreads.png
Views:	252
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	165879  

Last edited by latepaul; 08-27-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: typo
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I have the "Goodreads" plugin installed (as opposed to "Goodreads Sync") and if I right click on the book there's a "Goodreads" menu for the plugin. Under that there's a "Linked book" menu and from there there's a "View linked book" item which opens the Goodreads page for that book in a browser.
That's exactly what I was looking for. It was greyed out as I had a bunch of new books I needed to link for this to work.

Thanks!
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:42 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
For this to work, the Goodreads identifier must have already been set. And the book details pane usually shows the identifiers and clicking "Goodreads" will open the page.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote