Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-06-2018, 10:00 PM   #1
AnkushRC
AnkushRC began at the beginning.

Device: pdf
Question New:Including "The Guardian Weekly" to calibre News Library??

"The Guardian Weekly" is the best weekly newspaper which talks about all the innternational events with wonderful editorials. Can we have this weekly on our calibre news library please!
AnkushRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
AnkushRC

Question

Thank you Kovid for the help. I just want to know: Can we add the magazine if it doesn't have its articles online for free (unlike what most newspapers have)?
Old 10-11-2018, 03:11 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I believe that if you have a subscription to the website, there's some way to add your credentials to calibre, but I may be wrong.

Obviously, if you don't have access, neither does calibre.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:31 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sure you can, see for example the wall street journal recipe, which requires subscriber access
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:06 AM   #6
AnkushRC

Question

Thank you Kovid and pdurrant. I did have a look at the WSJ recipe. I may not understand it fully but I saw that there was a URL in the recipe WSJ_ITP = 'http://online.wsj.com/itp/today' i.e. at that url we can see that news is present. But in case of The Guardian Weekly, no edition is digitally shown online. Hence I have a doubt if I we do this?

Thanks and Regards,
Ankush