Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #46
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
I e-mailed Harper Collins (UK) regarding Fahrenheit 457 and got a reply back today. I asked when it would be available for Kindle and they replied saying that it went out of print in 2005. That wasn't my question
I have had similar non-responses from Harper Collins when I emailed to ask about ebook releases of specific titles.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #47
fiver
Enthusiast
fiver doesn't litterfiver doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Anything by John Fowles?
It kills me that none of his books are available yet. I grew up reading The Collector and The Magus; never got around to reading his other books although I owned several of them. I re-read The Collector recently and was reminded why he was one of my favorites. I hope he's on someone's list.

Michael
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #48
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
By the way, I found this e-mail address on the Random House website that may be of use: eBooks@randomhouse.com
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #49
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OSXD6O/

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand is now available!
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #50
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What about Patricia Highsmith?
Advert
Old 12-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #51
Rob G.
Enthusiast
Rob G. doesn't litterRob G. doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Anything by John Fante. Appears to be available outside of the US, but that doesn't help me any. Also, Ian McDonald, specifically Desolation Road.
Rob G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #52
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I've added the The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith, removed Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, and updated the Random House email.

Note: If you want a book added to this list then it must be in the top 25,000 in Amazon sales rank, or it must be an indisputable classic. Don't just leave an author's name, because I'm not going to go look up what books they wrote. So unless it is an author's name that I recognize and already know which of their books is in the the top 25,000 (like Patricia Highsmith) then your probably going to be out of luck.

It is best to leave a Title and Author -- and first verify they are in the top 25,000 sales rank.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #53
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I've added the The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith, removed Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, and updated the Random House email.

Note: If you want a book added to this list then it must be in the top 25,000 in Amazon sales rank, or it must be an indisputable classic. Don't just leave an author's name, because I'm not going to go look up what books they wrote. So unless it is an author's name that I recognize and already know which of their books is in the the top 25,000 (like Patricia Highsmith) then your probably going to be out of luck.

It is best to leave a Title and Author -- and first verify they are in the top 25,000 sales rank.
Thank you for all your work - I will try to be more complete - I usually have one of those "why isn't 'x' on the list" moments of inspiration and dash off to post it before I forget it. Blame my fading memory!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #54
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!

The Wide Sargasso Sea - Jean Rhys

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #22,071 in Books
Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #55
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!

Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #941 in Books
Old 12-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #56
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!

Oliver Sacks - The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,564 in Books
Old 12-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #57
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!

The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Muriel Barberry

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #48 in Books
Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #58
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!

Clan of the Cave Bear - Jean Auel

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #12,015 in Books
Old 12-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #59
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!

James Michner - Hawaii

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #6,583 in Books

(Sorry Daithi - I received some Amazon gift cards for Xmas and have been shopping - hence my list of additions - they are all classics to me - but I will rely on your judgement as to adding them to your list).

for all your great work on this list!
Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #60
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!

The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #2,076 in Books