Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #16
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
"A Canticle for Leibowitz" is available for Kindle in extra large print from http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/title/ca...ler-ebooks.htm. No DRM. It is easy to convert to html, and change the default font size to normal. It is only $3.95. For a while, some months ago, it was free from a different site, along with some other books, for some kind of promotion.
Thanks Susan,

I'd actually bought it there and forgotten about it.
I added the link you gave to the list, but I figure I'll leave the book on the list until it's available on Amazon.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Would be great to see this [Musashi] as an ebook.

I would love to see the Bradbury's, but hasn't he said no already?
I haven't read Musashi yet and really want to read it. I even looked on the web for a pirated version (something I rarely do). I found a couple versions, but they were all in Japanese.

As far as Bradbury, Rowlings, et al that have said they have no desire to create ebook versions, I am still listing their books anyway. Maybe if they see that fans of their work want ebook versions they will change their minds, and it doesn't hurt to try even if they don't.
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I haven't read Musashi yet and really want to read it. I even looked on the web for a pirated version (something I rarely do). I found a couple versions, but they were all in Japanese.
My HC copy weighs a ton so having it as bits would be great. Taiko would be nice too.

Quote:
As far as Bradbury, Rowlings, et al that have said they have no desire to create ebook versions, I am still listing their books anyway. Maybe if they see that fans of their work want ebook versions they will change their minds, and it doesn't hurt to try even if they don't.
Oh, I agree. I've been clicking for the Bradbury stuff, when I think about it, for about a year.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
and James Clavell -- ShoGun
Dell
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #4,688 in Books
This is a strange case, because it is available in several formats but not for MOBI and Kindle, see eBookPrice.info.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I made the thread a sticky since this is an ongoing project.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Done and done.

I did find this email for Random House - ecustomerservice@randomhouse.com - which I used instead of the form on their site, hope that's ok.

As for Bradbury, his books are never going to be published in electronic format, IMO. At ComicCon he said that he wanted to destroy the internet! It was great hearing him talk (I even ran into him out in the hall!) but man, is he set in his ways!
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchbaby View Post
Done and done.

I did find this email for Random House - ecustomerservice@randomhouse.com - which I used instead of the form on their site, hope that's ok.
Actually, that's excellent. I went through and updated all the links to use the email address you found. Thanks, Witchbaby.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Could we squeeze in The Maltese Falcon? Some of Hammett's novels are finally appearing, but not this one. It's a bona fide classic!
27,202 in Books
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #24
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Could we squeeze in The Maltese Falcon? Some of Hammett's novels are finally appearing, but not this one. It's a bona fide classic!
27,202 in Books
I added the Maltese Falcon and Joyce's Finnegan's Wake. Neither of them were in the top 25,000 but I have to believe this has to do with Amazon not carrying over sales figures from a replaced ISBN or something like that. If someone has a title that is cleary, without any doubt whatsoever, a classic then I'll add it even if it doesn't have the Sales Rank.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #25
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Received the following in reference to All Creatures Great and Small.

Quote:
I do not see anything pending on an ebook for this title. Thanks

Sarah Palm
MPS Customer Service
16365 James Madison Highway
Gordonsville, Virginia 22942
(P) 888-330-8477
(F) 540-672-7703
In addition to using MOST to check order status and tracking, you can now also use the expanded PubEasy tools to check price and availability, place orders, track orders and cancel backorders. Both of these options are available to you 24/7.

PubEasy
www.pubeasy.com
Price and Availability
On-Line Ordering
Order Status
Order Tracking
Backorder Cancellation
MPS Order Search Tool (MOST)
www.macmillan.com
Order Status
Order Tracking
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #26
poohbear_nc
2020 Hindsight!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchbaby View Post
Received the following in reference to All Creatures Great and Small.
Dang! I had emailed earlier this year - and didn't even get an answer!
Thanks for the post - guess I'll keep my pbooks.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #27
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

I just checked all the books on the list and none have been made available as ebooks.

If anyone sees that a book has become available then post it here and I will update the list. Otherwise, I will check all the books on the first Saturday of each month and let people know if any have been made ebooks.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #28
geneven
Member Retired
geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800, N810, Kindle 2
Add Nikos Kazantzakis -- Zorba the Greek and Last Temptation of Christ -- to the list.

Norman Mailer's The Naked and the Dead and a bunch of other Mailer books probably qualify for the list.

Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow qualifies for the list.
geneven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

It's the start of a new month, so I've gone through and checked all the titles and one title has become available --

Shogun by James Clavell
Old 11-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #30
geneven
Member Retired
geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800, N810, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I added the Maltese Falcon and Joyce's Finnegan's Wake. Neither of them were in the top 25,000 but I have to believe this has to do with Amazon not carrying over sales figures from a replaced ISBN or something like that. If someone has a title that is cleary, without any doubt whatsoever, a classic then I'll add it even if it doesn't have the Sales Rank.
Sorry, but I think that Finnegan's Wake is probably one of the least-read and least popular classics of all. I did know a chess master who loved it and thought it was hilarious, and certainly Marshall McLuhan quoted it quite often to good effect. American generally don't appreciate poetry, and I think that it can be argued that Finnegan's Wake is a big poem.
geneven is offline   Reply With Quote