Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-30-2019, 12:28 AM   #16
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
And enabled the new gatekeeper that is Amazon
What gatekeeping are you talking about? There is very few rules that need to be followed on what is permissable to publish under KDP. See:

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200672390
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #17
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Yes. Although my parents never read a book, they read the paper every day. With fewer daily newspapers, and the rise of audiobooks, I bet the number of people who never read anything longer than an email is huge.
And now days newspapers are more and more present online. My local paper used to be published 6 days a week, and now it's on Wed. and Sat. only, but I can log on to its site any time.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #18
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
And now days newspapers are more and more present online. My local paper used to be published 6 days a week, and now it's on Wed. and Sat. only, but I can log on to its site any time.
I don't purchase newspapers anymore, so I have to rely on friends to give me their old papers to put under the litter trays.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Yes. Although my parents never read a book, they read the paper every day. With fewer daily newspapers, and the rise of audiobooks, I bet the number of people who never read anything longer than an email is huge.
My father read the newspaper. He still does at 95. My mother did read a lot of books.

I don't read the newsaper. Never really got into that. I find it rather boring. I used to read the comics and the TV guide from the paper. And on Sunday I would read the fliers as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #20
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Well....aren't I the trendy one. I did read a couple of the Girl thriller books, I do listen to audio books, I do buy the occasional political heavily slanted book (I don't read them, just buy them as a way of showing support), and I've watched several of the 'Books to Tv mini-series' shows

I did not read 50 shades...but I think 152 million books sold to be amazing.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2020, 04:19 PM   #21
ps67
Addict
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Here in Italy the percentage of ebook on total book selling is around 10%. It is not so high but it is not irrelevant.

For me ebooks changed completely my reading life: now I buy them if the books has no important photo or maps or similar things that need colours images and or great format pages.

In a pbook I can't change the font, the margins, the font size (I often change it), if I don't like its formatting I can't do anything...
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote