Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Sternsam5
Sternsam5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD - Android Hack
Question CC no longer availabl eon my Kobo Aura HD using android hack

Hi,

I use a Kobo Aura HD e-ink reader running the android hack from http://angor00.blogspot.ru/2014/02/b...nal-sd-on.html which is itself based on an earlier hack http://phj.hu/auraHD/

I was able to download and install CC through to version 3.5.1 . For some reason, versions after 3.5.1 are no longer offered for my device. Is this a bug or should I change something in my build.prop (or elsewhere) to be able to use newer versions of CC?
Attached Files
File Type: txt build.prop.txt (1.3 KB, 231 views)
File Type: txt default.prop.txt (118 Bytes, 134 views)
Sternsam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
To be honest, I don't know what you should do.

The only changes to CC's manifest since V3.4.2 have been the version name and number. In V3.4.2 a permission was added: CHANGE_WIFI_STATE. As it is, CC should be available to any device (there are no restrictions) supporting API level 9 or higher. Your device claims to be API 10, so that is acceptable. If Google Play is not offering you builds then it must be because of some other attribute, but I have no idea which one.

Some things I note from your build.prop.txt file that may or may not matter:

1) Shouldn't you be using SDK_INT instead of SDK? The SDK attribute has been deprecated since API V4.
2) According to Google, API 10 has the RELEASE name Android 2.3.3, where you have 2.3.4.
3) The timezone is set to US/Brussels. That should be Europe/Brussels
4) According to the Google Developer Console, there is no device named "imx50_rdp". The Nexus S is named "crespo".

Can you download the CC demo version?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2014, 06:45 AM   #3
Sternsam5
Sternsam5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD - Android Hack
Thanks for your Reply, based on your response I'll edit the "stock" build.prop and look into fixing google play since clearly its not a problem with CC but likely my install of google play :>

thanks for the tips I appreciate them
Sternsam5 is offline   Reply With Quote