Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-29-2020, 02:47 PM   #1
popkulcher
popkulcher began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
KFX Conversion Failed: Extra Data?

I am unable to convert from KPF to MOBI (or any format) without an error message. I had no trouble doing this a week ago. However, I recently re-created my KPF file using the latest release of Kindle Create from Amazon, and it no longer works. I receive a screen saying "Error: KFX conversion failed," with a lengthy message saying numerous content types have extra data, i.e. "Exception(u'story l1YU content type $269 has extra data: (yj.semantics.page_entity: yj.semantics.first_para)"

I have attached the text from the debugger.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt README.txt (4.9 KB, 15 views)
popkulcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
In the KFX Input tab of the conversion dialog set the option to allow conversion to complete even if errors are detected and run the conversion again. The next release of the plugin will ignore this extra data automatically.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #3
popkulcher
popkulcher began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
In the KFX Input tab of the conversion dialog set the option to allow conversion to complete even if errors are detected and run the conversion again. The next release of the plugin will ignore this extra data automatically.
Wow, perfect, that worked great. Thank you so much, you made my day!
popkulcher is offline   Reply With Quote