Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #106
arooni
Groupie
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Safe for Paperwhite 2 that has not been jailbroken? 5.8.10 firmware?

Also, would this allow me to get my device into diagnostic mode? Or is there an easier way to get there?

Thanks!

Last edited by arooni; 10-23-2017 at 07:43 PM.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #107
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post

Also, would this allow me to get my device into diagnostic mode? Or is there an easier way to get there?

Thanks!
I don't think you can put any file on your PW2.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2017, 09:41 PM   #108
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post

Thanks!
It is not a matter of safety, there are no safety related issues.
Nothing that we have will create a safety hazard, require you to sell your first born or cause mutated kittens.

The device must be jail broken to use any of our add-ins, including this one.

You can not jail break firmware version 5.8.10 (on the PW2) unless you do it over the serial port.

The purpose of the Rescue Pack is to allow a person to re-boot the device into the alternative OS ('diags').

Last edited by knc1; 10-23-2017 at 09:44 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote