Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Peter, have you tried the new firmware? It's possible it's fixed your problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #17
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by badav92 View Post
Hello, i'm new here and i have a question: would it be possible to have landscape mode for reading books in the next firmware, i have the first kobo touch mark 3 And it would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.
You could use KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #18
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
J, no, I haven't tried a sync with kobo.com yet.

Do you have reason to think the intermittent battery discharge issue has been solved?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:10 PM   #19
moorekom
Connoisseur
moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Onyx Note pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
J, no, I haven't tried a sync with kobo.com yet.

Do you have reason to think the intermittent battery discharge issue has been solved?
Came here to check this. Has the lighting issue and the resultant battery drain been fixed in this update? I know they mention that they have, but have they really? Also, did everyone downloaded the update and loaded it to their devices here? I tried to sync my Aura one and it hasn't updated yet. I do believe the device affiliate is kobo.com.
moorekom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:02 AM   #20
moorekom
Connoisseur
moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorekom View Post
Came here to check this. Has the lighting issue and the resultant battery drain been fixed in this update? I know they mention that they have, but have they really? Also, did everyone downloaded the update and loaded it to their devices here? I tried to sync my Aura one and it hasn't updated yet. I do believe the device affiliate is kobo.com.
Ok, side loaded the update. The lighting goes to 0 on the left swipe and stays off on sleep. So that seems to be fine. I'll check for discharge tonight to check if the battery drain is now ok. It should be since the lighting being on while on sleep mode was the main issue.
Advert
Old 07-19-2017, 12:08 AM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
David, yes,...and I just now reread it.

There seems to be no mention of a solution for...
And what do you think that means? If we knew it had been fixed, then it would have been mentioned.
Quote:
Many of your postings are constructive, then you seem to come forward with something that suggests some kind of an ulterior motive.
Suggests an ulterior motive from who? You or me? My response was a irritated response because what has changed was clearly stated in the first post. You asked "have they been fixed" about two things that were clearly not in the first post. If you had asked the slightly more useful, "Are they working on...", my response would have been different, etiher "absolutely no idea", or a prevaricating response like robko's.

But, maybe I should have asked, "What periodic total discharge of the battery for no apparent reason?" The only one I can think of is the one that has specifically been stated as fixed which is related to the light staying on when sleeping. Searching back through your posts, the last time you mentioned any problems with the battery, you did a factory reset that fixed it. Are you referring to that, or has it started happening again and you haven't mentioned it?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorekom View Post
Came here to check this. Has the lighting issue and the resultant battery drain been fixed in this update? I know they mention that they have, but have they really?
Yes, they will have fixed it. The problem will be if there is another cause that was hidden by what they fixed. Don't be to surprised if someone does start reporting a similar sounding problem.
Quote:
Also, did everyone downloaded the update and loaded it to their devices here? I tried to sync my Aura one and it hasn't updated yet. I do believe the device affiliate is kobo.com.
When you get the update is based on the affiliate and geolocation from the IP address. And they start small and build up in numbers. If you want it earlier than this would give it to you, you either manually download and install or change the affiliate to one that gets the update early.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:00 AM   #23
moorekom
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Don't be to surprised if someone does start reporting a similar sounding problem.

When you get the update is based on the affiliate and geolocation from the IP address. And they start small and build up in numbers. If you want it earlier than this would give it to you, you either manually download and install or change the affiliate to one that gets the update early.
Ended up downloading it and updating it. The lighting and sleep issue looks fine now. Might have to check how it responds for a few more days to be sure. I know about these Kobo updates. One step forward, two steps back.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:33 AM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Many of your postings are constructive, then you seem to come forward with something that suggests some kind of an ulterior motive.

What's your point?

. . . . . Pete
His posts here are part of his diabolical plot to take over the world one ereader at a time. Hmmmm... couldn't find that maniacal grin emoticon.

On a more serious note, asking a question about an issue that was not covered by the release notes and the information posted from the beta pretty much wastes all our time. Most of the major issues would be covered there.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-19-2017 at 01:37 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:30 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
His posts here are part of his diabolical plot to take over the world one ereader at a time. Hmmmm... couldn't find that maniacal grin emoticon.
And it will work, as long as I can stop myself from monologuing. I just have to get Jon into my fiendish trap!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:55 AM   #26
Zorka
Enthusiast
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Mini(5), Kobo Touch, Kobo H2O, Poke2, Pocketbook Color, Remarkabl
Mini

Installed this version on a Mini, seems to be working fine so far....
Zorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:43 AM   #27
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
re: "ulterior motive" - I think the user was suggesting you are doing PR work for Kobo. which (I believe) you aren't.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:13 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
re: "ulterior motive" - I think the user was suggesting you are doing PR work for Kobo. which (I believe) you aren't.
Really? I can't see that. And any PR work that Kobo gets out of me is simply because I like the devices. And unpaid.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I for one appreciate the help that davidfor gives here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #30
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I for one appreciate the help that davidfor gives here.
Me, too! Absolutely!
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware upgrade