Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-12-2017, 03:24 AM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
- - - - -
Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers. I’ve passed your suggestion to our Amazon Drive team for consideration as we make further improvements.

Should you require any further information or assistance, please feel free to contact us and we're glad to help you.
I think that is:
Shift-F12 + "Amazon Drive"
Ctrl-Shift-Enter

You know they are taking your suggestion seriously when they use a three finger, keyboard macro to reply.
The two finger, keyboard macro(s) just mean: Go Away.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is it that Amazon threats every other country's Amazon like they don't give a shit except for the US?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is it that Amazon threats every other country's Amazon like they don't give a shit except for the US?
They don't. They do, however, generally roll out new features in the US first. Reasonable enough; it's their home market.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #34
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Found in BBC news so it must be true

The bluntly-named iCroak is an online service aiming to help people plan how their digital assets are managed after their death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15292748

Last edited by stumped; 06-12-2017 at 12:38 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #35
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They don't. They do, however, generally roll out new features in the US first. Reasonable enough; it's their home market.
Customers Dying is a new feature ???
Advert
Old 06-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #36
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Has this been discussed ,and are there any recommendaions, for owned kindle ,music, video content at amazon.
Afaik you cannot create a joint account, and while you can de drm kindle books, for now anyway, you can't for video. So it it a case of leaving passwords in an envelope, or in a will, or are there better solutions.
Does amazon have a stated policy, yet.
I feel bad about asking does anyone have personal experience of having to sort this....
Access is lost when you die. Kindle books are not "bought", you get a license for viewing them.

See https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201014950 "Kindle Store Terms of Use":
Quote:
Upon your download or access of Kindle Content and payment of any applicable fees (including applicable taxes), the Content Provider grants you a non-exclusive right to view, use, and display such Kindle Content an unlimited number of times (for Subscription Content, only as long as you remain an active member of the underlying membership or subscription program), solely through a Kindle Application or as otherwise permitted as part of the Service, solely on the number of Supported Devices specified in the Kindle Store, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Kindle Content is licensed, not sold, to you by the Content Provider.
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #37
stumped
Wizard

So it's pass on the passwords , don't ever admit to being dead

Sooner or later, that is going to have to improve.

I could accept that for kindle books and keep on ripping out the drm, but if they are serious about wanting us to pay to store everything in the Amazon cloud, then it will need thinking through

Unlimited storage that dies when you do is a poor proposition.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #38
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
So it's pass on the passwords , don't ever admit to being dead

Sooner or later, that is going to have to improve.

I could accept that for kindle books and keep on ripping out the drm, but if they are serious about wanting us to pay to store everything in the Amazon cloud, then it will need thinking through

Unlimited storage that dies when you do is a poor proposition.
You finally got it.

My water bill is in my granddad's name. They don't care as long as it gets paid. Gas bill is under another name. Same idea.

Oh and on cloud storage, they figure that is for personal use not sharing. They also probably figure any pictures you want shared will already be shared.

On hubby's family pics, I put them on a memory card and gave it to his niece. I think she put them on whatever photo storage she uses.

Depending on your age, share now don't wait till something happens.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #39
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Hmm - is this another OK in USA, but not allowed in UK thing ?

amazon uk will not accept a direct debit on a UK bank account ( single or joint) a a valid payment method. same with Netflix, Spotify..... so we have separate amazon accounts . I put the kindle-ink reader , for my wife, onto my account to save having to do the de-drm shuffle every time just to share books... I can read the same books on my fire tablet

I think that international companies cannot be bothered to add the UK only direct debit scheme to their payment methods.

I can pay virginmedia for broadband, TV, phone from the joint account but there can only be one primary account email holder, who is allowed to amend the contract. So no real joint ownership there. And worse, if a transfer of responsibility is asked for to move the account to a surviving spouse, all email accounts are destroyed in that process.

they offer a thing called Amazon family, here, but that a joined for content sharing link between two separate accounts, as I understand it
For Amazon we use a credit card so that does have a single primary owner, but for utility bills/Sky/Broadband etc we use a joint bank account, we've never had any issues at all. In the U.K. either party can sign up DDs on a joint account but for each company they just want a single point of contact.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #40
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
amazon reply
Hello,

I understand your concern regarding joint Amazon accounts for your digital content access.

I've checked and see that this service is available in Amazon.com for US customers, but unfortunately this option is unavailable in Amazon.co.uk.

Further, to your question about paying the amount for subscriptions from joint account, I'm sorry to inform you that there's no such options available.

followed by useless waffle
Thanks for sending us your suggestion about providing a joint account for Digital content access.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers. I’ve passed your suggestion to our Amazon Drive team for consideration as we make further improvements.

Should you require any further information or assistance, please feel free to contact us and we're glad to help you.
We are in the U.K. or do they really think one person is named Josie and Steve? We have the same address listed twice as well, once for Mrs Josie and they other for Mr Steve. Plus more than once credit card, one in his name and one in mine.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #41
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
We are in the U.K. or do they really think one person is named Josie and Steve? We have the same address listed twice as well, once for Mrs Josie and they other for Mr Steve. Plus more than once credit card, one in his name and one in mine.
And two of my dogs have accounts with Amazon.
Since they are underage, I also handle their credit cards and bank accounts for them.
(They also have WindowsXP licenses in their names.)
Old 06-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #42
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
On your Amazon account if you just leave your logon information for someone who you wish to leave the digital content to they can then login, change the name associated with the account, password, email address, change the payment options, and change the ship to address. Make sure that you also leave them access to the email address associated with the account as they may need to respond to an email from Amazon to make the changes. The account is now theirs. Leave detailed directions with your will. Do this with all your online accounts. No need to tell anyone you are gone beyond the cloud. I am using Willmaker and there is a form for it which I will fill out. My executors will know where the will is kept.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #43
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Customers Dying is a new feature ???
If they're *arranging* for them to die, it would certainly be new. Amazon Assassin! Prime customers only. Uses Amazon's new delivery drones and one-click ordering! (btw, if you have any enemies I recommend staying indoors and getting from place to place using the sewers.)

(Returns are not yet available with this feature, owing to unanticipated delays in contract signing: it turns out to be hard to get representatives of either heaven or hell to sign contracts in a timely fashion. They just say things like "a thousand years is as a day"...)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:04 PM   #44
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
If they're *arranging* for them to die, it would certainly be new. Amazon Assassin! Prime customers only. Uses Amazon's new delivery drones and one-click ordering! (btw, if you have any enemies I recommend staying indoors and getting from place to place using the sewers.)

(Returns are not yet available with this feature, owing to unanticipated delays in contract signing: it turns out to be hard to get representatives of either heaven or hell to sign contracts in a timely fashion. They just say things like "a thousand years is as a day"...)
And the terms of their "No Questions Asked" exchange policy is very limited.
You end up in one of two places so your only exchange option is the other place (perhaps a cooler climate, but your still dead).
Old 06-13-2017, 01:19 AM   #45
stumped
Wizard

i think we've explored all the angles, so I will close with this:

Cloud hosting firm RackSpace is convinced that, as we store more of our online stuff remotely, we face a real dilemma about what to do with it after we've gone.
It commissioned a study in association with the centre for Creative and Social Technology at London's Goldsmiths University and found that we are sitting on a goldmine of digital assets.
According to the survey, Britons are storing £2.3bn worth of music, film, applications and subscriptions online.
It found that one in 10 have already put their passwords in their wills so that relatives can access their digital treasures

if UK has £2.3Bn stored online, USA surely has 10 x that ?