Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Inferio
Inferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Fastest way to get a RTF to my Glo?

Hello,

I'm getting used to my new Kobo Glo and there is one thing I don't know how to do. When I was using Kindle I was used to send my Word documents to my e-reader by e-mail. Is there some way to get my documents to my Kobo wirelessly? The fastest way I found until now is to get my document into my device by USB a just to copy it. But I would really like to have an option to send my documents to my Glo from my PC or smartphone wirelessly.

Thanks for your time and any advice!
Inferio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
One way to go would be to use Calibre's Content Server on your PC and then use the Glo's web browser to download it.

Another option fairly popular in these parts is to put stuff on Dropbox and then, again, use the web browser to download it.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Inferio
Inferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you!

And one more thing. I have problem sometimes with those RTF files when copying them directly to the root folder through the USB to the Kobo. Some do appear in the device then and do not. Any idea?
Inferio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferio View Post
Thank you!

And one more thing. I have problem sometimes with those RTF files when copying them directly to the root folder through the USB to the Kobo. Some do appear in the device then and do not. Any idea?
Going back a while but I had some issues with RTF files generated by Microsoft Word when I first got a Touch. Looking at the files, it appeared that Microsoft Word and embedding images in RTF files create files that my Touch wouldn't work with. I finally gave up and just used Calibre to convert the RTFs to epub which worked well enough I didn't bother playing more with suggestions such as using Wordpad to resave the RTF to work around the issue.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote