Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #1066
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
OK. That make sense. I done that too few times.

To be frank implementing this pipeline to KCC would require tremendous amount of work and I don't see me doing that in the near future.

But I think that entire process can be automated will batch script. You can use Calibre plugins from command line.

Let's look on the process:
De-DRM -> Extracting images -> Embedding metadata -> Converting to EPUB.

De-DRM - Apprentice Alf plugin.
Extracting images - Kindle Unpack plugin. You don't need to compress it as KCC can use raw directory as input.
Embedding metadata - This is only problematic step. Somehow, something need to create XML file in ComicRack format and place it inside image directory.
Converting to EPUB - Command line KCC.

Metadata step can be skipped. You can already set the title using KCC command line option. I think I can add option to set author too if that would help you.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-17-2017 at 03:39 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #1067
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
OK. That make sense. I done that too few times.

To be frank implementing this pipeline to KCC would require tremendous amount of work and I don't see me doing that in the near future.

But I think that entire process can be automated will batch script. You can use Calibre plugins from command line.

Let's look on the process:
De-DRM -> Extracting images -> Embedding metadata -> Converting to EPUB.

De-DRM - Apprentice Alf plugin.
Extracting images - Kindle Unpack plugin. You don't need to compress it as KCC can use raw directory as input.
Embedding metadata - This is only problematic step. Somehow, something need to create XML file in ComicRack format and place it inside image directory.
Converting to EPUB - Command line KCC.

You can already set the title using KCC comand line option. I think I can add option to set author too if that would help you.
Yea I thought it probably would be. Thanks for this though. If the ComicInfo.xml file is in the directory is that good enough for KCC to add it to the ePub automatically?
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #1068
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:17 AM   #1069
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is there some way to make KCC not insert margins at all? I want it to keep it like the original, including keeping the original aspect ratio (the top screenshot here as opposed to the bottom screenshot which is current KCC output).
The reason is that the margins mess with KOReader's auto scaling algorithm, which would have zoomed in automatically.

Thanks for making/maintaining KCC.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:38 AM   #1070
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

No. For some time KCC not added margins but that changed to increase compatibility.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-29-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Advert
Old 08-02-2017, 07:37 PM   #1071
Grace2354
Grace2354 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Request

Is there any possible way to create a portable version of this? I've been dying to try this program out, but currently, I'm not able to install anything due to admin rights.
I had been using mangle, but I'm pretty fed up with having to zoom in for each speech bubble due to the white space around the border. It just doesn't have the same quality as reading something that was specifically for the kindle. I already tried cropping, and that doesn't help very much either. I was hoping that this program would be able to solve my problem?
Please let me know if this is possible? Thank you so much!
Grace2354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #1072
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace2354 View Post
Is there any possible way to create a portable version of this? I've been dying to try this program out, but currently, I'm not able to install anything due to admin rights.
I had been using mangle, but I'm pretty fed up with having to zoom in for each speech bubble due to the white space around the border. It just doesn't have the same quality as reading something that was specifically for the kindle. I already tried cropping, and that doesn't help very much either. I was hoping that this program would be able to solve my problem?
Please let me know if this is possible? Thank you so much!
That could be an awful lot of work.
Why do you have trouble with "Admin Rights"?
Is it that you do not have access to a computer of your own?
The easiest way would be for you to ask someone to install it that does have administrative rights.

Why not run either a VM or LiveCD on the machine and run this inside of one of those?
If you are not allowed to start a VM or to boot a LiveCD, then you really need to deal with that as a problem local to yourself.

You have made three posts here, you must have at least limited web access from whatever computer you are using.
You can also find places on the 'net that provide 'cloud computing' for little or no cost depending on your personal situation (student, child, etc).
Amazon is one of those places, search for information on their free EC2 instances.
Again, that is another way to run your own (virtual) computer where you ARE the administrator.
That is a way for you to run a VM without even having a computer to run it on.

Last edited by knc1; 08-03-2017 at 07:55 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:33 AM   #1073
anhyeuviolet
Reset
anhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it isanhyeuviolet knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PaperWhite Manga
Is it possible to add "Rapid turn" mode by KCC ?
I tried with sample from AMZ and it can be rapid turn on PPW3 Manga, but Manga converted by KCC is not support this feature.
anhyeuviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:49 AM   #1074
Grace2354
Grace2354 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That could be an awful lot of work.
Why do you have trouble with "Admin Rights"?
Is it that you do not have access to a computer of your own?
The easiest way would be for you to ask someone to install it that does have administrative rights.

Why not run either a VM or LiveCD on the machine and run this inside of one of those?
If you are not allowed to start a VM or to boot a LiveCD, then you really need to deal with that as a problem local to yourself.

You have made three posts here, you must have at least limited web access from whatever computer you are using.
You can also find places on the 'net that provide 'cloud computing' for little or no cost depending on your personal situation (student, child, etc).
Amazon is one of those places, search for information on their free EC2 instances.
Again, that is another way to run your own (virtual) computer where you ARE the administrator.
That is a way for you to run a VM without even having a computer to run it on.
I'm sorry, I don't quite know what VM or LiveCD is (are?). I'm currently using a computer that is meant for all the residents of the apartment building that I live in, and I am not able to install anything. Something about violating terms of agreement and whatnot. I did find out however, that I can install portable apps to my flash drive, and then if I wanted to, copy and paste the whole folder onto the computer. I think that's called a self containing program? I'm still pretty new to all this, so I'm in the process of learning all the terminology.

I've already looked into sites that will convert manga, but so far, all the ones that I've used have the problem of the large white margin. This is the same problem that I have with calibre. I tried copying the general format of a sample of manga I pulled off of amazon, and tried putting together a manga volume using calibre's editing program, but I kept causing my kindle to crash every time I tried to read it (oops).
Grace2354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:27 AM   #1075
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@anhyeuviolet - That require e-books in KFX format. And KCC don't support this type of output - yet.

@Grace2354 - Solution provided by knc1 is somewhat overkill and require some technical skills. Sadly for now portable version of KCC is not possible. It might change in next release (no ETA).
Old 08-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #1076
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
@anhyeuviolet - That require e-books in KFX format. And KCC don't support this type of output - yet.

@Grace2354 - Solution provided by knc1 is somewhat overkill and require some technical skills. Sadly for now portable version of KCC is not possible. It might change in next release (no ETA).
I had no information on why the OP did not have admin. rights.

But now that I know what the situation is, I suspect they have prevented the OP from restarting the computer from their own USB Stick.
(Which all of my post would depend on working.)

Question:
How did Calibre get to be on that shared computer? Somebody had to add that, find that somebody.
Then get whoever installed Calibre do the same for KCC.

If all other technical solutions fail - Bribe 'em.

Last edited by knc1; 08-04-2017 at 11:59 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #1077
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
The Kindle Comic Converter is a useful tool for me as I use it convert kindle manga to epubs for my Kobo Aura One reader.

Though I find that the Kindle Comic Converter sometimes oversize the smaller images on the pages (the stretch/upscale option is not selected).

I don't know why this would happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	158257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	158258  
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #1078
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
The Kindle Comic Converter is a useful tool for me as I use it convert kindle manga to epubs for my Kobo Aura One reader.

Though I find that the Kindle Comic Converter sometimes oversize the smaller images on the pages (the stretch/upscale option is not selected).

I don't know why this would happen.
KCC changes the resolution of the file to fit the device. Your files are already larger than the resolution of the KAO, so it resizes them smaller.

It also seems to be removing white space, if you look at the images KCC puts into the ePub compared to the AZW3 it takes out the white space. That's why it ends up filling the screen.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #1079
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
KCC changes the resolution of the file to fit the device. Your files are already larger than the resolution of the KAO, so it resizes them smaller.

It also seems to be removing white space, if you look at the images KCC puts into the ePub compared to the AZW3 it takes out the white space. That's why it ends up filling the screen.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening - removing the white space?
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #1080
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

If stretch/upscale option is not selected that should not be zoomed.

Open created EPUB file like ZIP archive. Find that page and attach it here.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools