Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
ytrewq
ytrewq began at the beginning.

Device: none
PocketBook + BlueTooth-keyboard = eWriter?

Hi all,
Does anyone here have experience with typing on PB with external keyboard?
How usefull would it be for writing a (raw version of a) book?
ytrewq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
abijah
Enthusiast
abijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with others

Device: kobo aura h2o
fascinating but not yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytrewq View Post
Hi all,
Does anyone here have experience with typing on PB with external keyboard?
How usefull would it be for writing a (raw version of a) book?
The beta version firmware does support bt keyboard.

However, your keyboard is more like a remote--it does not support letters input via bt keyboard yet.

So, the answer is not yet.
abijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
adam l
adam l began at the beginning.

Device: PB 603
What do you mean like a remote?
Like a remote control for a TV?

That is, some keys are supported but some not?
adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam l View Post
That is, some keys are supported but some not?
Basically you can use arrows to navigate through menus and documents. That is all.
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Sorry osowiecki, but it is not true. When you use poterm or potermpro, you can type normally all commands you wish. It means that whole keyboard is functional. When you use scribble, you can make text object and write it with keyboard. I have checked it a few minutes before. Of course it is not so comfortable as PC or notebook, but still much better then software keyboard in PB.
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Quote:
you can type normally all commands you wish. It means that whole keyboard is functional.
Ok...
My mistake.
Keyboard works with kb layout set to "English".
Does not work with "Polish".

FW 2.1.1 Beta
Potermpro

Last edited by osowiecki; 09-06-2011 at 11:22 PM.
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Just curios, I am using BT mini keyboard. But I cannot type in neither poterm nor potermpro. I can only use software keyboard when I type "enter".
I use FW 2.1.1b in PB902.

PS. I set keyboard layout EN:English.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
ytrewq
ytrewq began at the beginning.

Device: none
also: if you typed say a thousand words, can you save it to a txt-file on a memory-card?
ytrewq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Gurubaja
Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.

Device: pocketbook pro 902
Hi all,
I'd like to share my exeperience.

When I knew that the PB supports bluetooth keyboards, I bought it immediatly.
Now I have a PB902 v2.1.2 but the bluetooth keyboard doesn't work at all.

I can connect the bluetooth keyboard to the PB without any problem, but no keypress is recognized by the PB.
I made a lot of retries, i tried to set the keyboard layout in english, but it still doesn't work

The keyboard doesn't have any problems because it works fine with my nokia n8 cell phone. Can anyone please help me? There's any solution?

I would appreciate any help
Thanks.
Gurubaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
pajus
pajus began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622 Touch
how about USB keyboard for all pocketbook models?
USB is used for transfer data, for charge and could be used for connecting input device, such as keaboard. i have PB622 with no BT and it will be useful to write via USB keyboard to some simple text application
pajus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #11
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajus View Post
how about USB keyboard for all pocketbook models?
USB is used for transfer data, for charge and could be used for connecting input device, such as keaboard. i have PB622 with no BT and it will be useful to write via USB keyboard to some simple text application
For USB keyboards you need USB HOST port and PocketBook devices only have USB GUEST port.

The only PocketBook that has USB HOST port is PB302. So you can connect, for example, memory stick to it and copy the books. We were promised USB keyboard for that model, and despite some people here claiming that they have beta version of writing application for testing from PocketBook, nothing was ever published for end-users.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
Gurubaja
Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.Gurubaja can teach chickens to fly.

excuse me m@rcus,
can you tell us the brand and model of your bt keyboard?
thanks a lot.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #13
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Hi Gurubaja. It is cheap keyboard from eBay, made in China. I found it under name "Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple iPad iPhone PC", on keyboard there is written Model No. PA-BK02. Similar item is for example this. But you can find a many models close to this one and much cheaper. I have bough mine for 16.50 USD.
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #14
Gurubaja

IP17 chinese keyboard

Hi M@rcus,
thank you very much for your kind reply, I have a flat white keyboard very close to yours. I have bought mine for 19 euro.
The only difference is that my chinese keyboard is model n. IP17 and it doesn't works with PB 902.

Now I have ordered a new bt keyboard: Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 CXD-00013. Soon I'll post a comment about new one.

thanks

Last edited by Gurubaja; 04-17-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #15
Gurubaja

kb update

Hi all,
today i get my new microsoft Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 CXD-00013.
Now i can connect the keyboard to my PB902 without connection problems, but i can't write letters. I can only navigate menus with arrow keys! This is ridiculous!

I try it also with poterm but the keyboard still doesn't work with chars.
Maybe the bt keyboard full char set works only for 903...

I'm very sad, I was writing a text editor for PB902 but after a lot of hours af work, the PB can't get any char from bt kb.

Now I'll try to send a mail to the tech support.
Stay tuned if interested.