Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Exclamation Another possible bug - Image viewer without tool bars in covers

Pretty easy to test. Just call the image viewer (double tap) on the cover. It actually seems to be called somehow (it's not exactly the same behaviour as luckily you can exit it through another double tap), but as ACCESS hides the header and footer in the cover you don't have any zoom tools available...

(I'm on FW 3.0.1)

Last edited by arspr; 11-30-2013 at 02:19 AM.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
Pretty easy to test. Just call the image viewer (double tap) on the cover. It actually seems to be called but as ACCESS hides the header and footer in the cover you don't have any zoom tools available...

(I'm on FW 3.0.1)
Just tap the bottom of the screen to bring up the toolbar? it works fine on my Glo with firmware 3.0.1, whether the cover is zoomed or not.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Just tap the bottom of the screen to bring up the toolbar? it works fine on my Glo with firmware 3.0.1, whether the cover is zoomed or not.
Yes, you can call (luckily) the GENERAL tool bar, but you don't have access to the IMAGE VIEWER zoom tool bar.

I've edited my first post as it seems that the image viewer works differently on covers:
  • You can exit it through double tap. You can't in "normal" image viewer.
  • You can call the general Kobo interface tool bar (tap).

Last edited by arspr; 11-30-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
arspr
Dead account. Bye

As expected this issue is present in FW 3.1.0.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
As expected this issue is present in FW 3.1.0.
I just tried a .kepub.epub. Double tapped on the cover page and the image zoomed to it's full size. Tapped near the bottom, tapped on the 4 way arrow, got the image tools. Zoom slider works, rotation button works, zoom to full screen height or full screen width buttons work. Holding finger on screen worked to move image around. Single tap in middle of screen to get rid of toolbar, double tap to get back to book reading mode.

I didn't get the image view toolbar with the initial double tap but otherwise, it worked.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 12-04-2013 at 07:08 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
arspr
Dead account. Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I just tried a .kepub.epub. Double tapped on the cover page and the image zoomed to it's full size. Tapped near the bottom, tapped on the 4 way arrow, got the image tools. Zoom slider works, rotation button works, zoom to full screen height or full screen width buttons work. Holding finger on screen worked to move image around. Single tap in middle of screen to get rid of toolbar, double tap to get back to book reading mode.

I didn't get the image view toolbar with the initial double tap but otherwise, it worked.

Regards,
David
That's what I said, the image browser is different than the normal one. WHY?

And there's a cross effect with this other issue on cover scaling. If your cover image is split in two pages because of whatever reason this "cover image browser" doesn't extend to the full image but just the part shown in your current page...
Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
That's what I said, the image browser is different than the normal one. WHY?
It is probably because there is no header or footer on the screen when the cover image is displayed. Either Kobo has decided not to display them in these circumstances, or there is a bug. I have no idea which it is. If you think it is a bug, report it to Kobo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote